Chapter 4

3 years later

Divya

"Becky! Can you send me the reports for the patient in Room 927?" I asked my nurse Becky.

Becky is a 35-year-old nurse and a really good one. Thank goodness that she is assisting me today. She walked in with the printed copy of the reports and handed me them.

"Let's go and talk to her," I told her looking at the reports.

I love emergency medicine, and this has been a pleasure working in a big hospital like Global. After coming here, I prepared for USMLE, After successfully completing that step, I enrolled in college and completed it while working as an attending resident surgeon at NCSU hospital. It's been a week since I started working at Global Hospitals as a Trauma Surgeon.

I told Amaya that I didn't wanna work here but she and Jameson were on my tail until I applied for this position.

"Can we come in?" Becky asked knocking on the door.

"Yes." Said, Mr.Vander

We walked and found that Mrs. Vander the patient sleeping peacefully after so much pain. I guess the painkillers kicked in.

"There is nothing to worry about Mr.Vander. She has a 3-4mm stone in her kidney and it will pass on its own. There is no need for surgical intervention. Call for Becky and she will get you the tablets that will help her in getting rid of the stone. If she feels pain again tomorrow get her back to the hospital immediately." I told him and he looked relieved.

"Is there any food diet for her?" He asked me and Becky is checking the vitals.

"Not particularly, Make sure she drinks lots of water and no calcium supplements till the stone passes. It might hurt or bleed when she pees." I answered and he nodded.

"Thank you so much, Doctor." He said looking at me.

"These are the reports, and on the last page, you can find all the necessary information. Call Nurse Becky when she wakes up for the pills. And then you can go home." I said and he smiled at me.

Soon we left and started going to my room.

"At what time is the graduation ceremony?" She asked me.

"It starts at 5:30," I said to her.

I will be graduating today. Can you believe it? I can't believe it myself, these past 3 years flew right by me.

"It's 3, you should leave. I will take care of the patients. Just GO!" Becky said before I could say another thing.

I picked up my stuff and walked to the daycare after bidding my byes to everyone. I went in there and found my love, my son Amartya seriously immersed in drawing something.

I walked towards him and he lifted his up, and the second his eyes met mine he gave a huge smile which made my heart melt. This is the smile I live for. His one smile makes me forget all the pain in my life.

"Maa! Maa." He tugged my pants and opened his arms.

I lifted him and kissed him on the cheek and kissed him back.

"What is my pretty boy drawing?" I asked him and he immediately got down and picked up and showed me his drawing.

It's a picture of me and him and with so many people in the back.

"Is this you and me?" I asked and he nodded

"Who are these people behind us?" I asked him in a confused tone.