Chapter 7

Divya

My cute little son is having a grandparent's weekend. Yup, you heard it right. Ana, Shaurya, Vasudha Aunty, and Harish Uncle officially declared that they need a complete weekend with all the kids last week. They picked everyone up and left me alone in this house. 

This is the first time I'm away from my son. I don't know what to do anymore. I cleaned and rearranged everything and every inch of the house. Now I'm all alone in this stupid house at 6 in the morning. I wish I didn't take today off.

Ughh.. when did I turn into this boring person? I was full of life and party in India. I used to go out with my cousins and friends. My only pass time now is cleaning and reading.

I'm a disaster without my son. I'm going to make friends from tomorrow. I'll talk to all my colleagues and we will be buddies for life. Yeah! I will do that.

Buzz Buzz 

"Sup Chica!" Amaya said an exciting greeting in a quiet sad tone after I picked up the phone.

"What's wrong with you Amaya? Are you okay?" I asked her.

"I'm bored and I don't know what to do. Just called you to check if it's just me feeling like this." She whispered.

"Oh thank god! Me too. I thought I was a loner. And why are we whispering?" I asked her back in a whisper.

"Jamie is sleeping like a pig with his legs all over me. It's been one night since they took the kids and I feel bored and alone. The house is so quiet like I'm living in a freaking library." Amaya whined in a regular voice.

"Maya! If you are trying to talk to Mom again about the kids, I swear to god she will switch off the phone and you won't even see their pictures today." Jameson said grouching at Amaya.

"WHAT! She can't do that. I'm going to them. You don't care where the kids are and I hate you, my family, and your parents for taking them away from me." Amaya started the drama, as usual, I could literally see her fake tears in her eyes toying with Jameson.

"Stop fake crying, come here onto the bed and sleep with me.Please." I heard Jameson plead with her.

"I'm talking to Divya, we are going out today for brunch. We are going to make you pay for calling my tears fake. Right, Divya?" Amaya dragged me into their conversation.

"Ammu.. you do fake cry and stop fighting with Jameson just because you are bored. I will come by around 10 and then we can go out." I told her and she gaped at my words.

"Thanks, Divya," Jameson yelled through the phone.

"I hate you Divya. You keep supporting this stupid Jameson. You all can gang up against me but I have Andrew, my best friend." She said in a proud tone.

When she said Andrew, it reminded me of the day I lost my first patient. I don't know how but he just turns up in every sad moment of my life like a Knight. He helped me cheer up and was with me the whole night at the hospital. I would've been a mess if it wasn't for him. He knows how to cheer me up. He made me feel confident and proud of myself.

"As he believes in your crocodile tears," Jameson said and he yelped in pain the next second. I knew it, she punched him for saying that.

My White Knight ✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें