Chapter-13

Divya

"AMAR! ALEX! I want you guys to go into your rooms and think about what you did. And don't come back until you figure it out." I yelled at them and slammed the door.

Amaya and Jameson left for California with Elena, to meet Laura. So, I volunteered to have Alex, and Danny with me for two days. It's been 4 hours since they left, Alex and Amar turned the house upside down, they went into the kitchen, got up on the counters, and threw everything down.

I wish they are calm like Danny, he is such a calm child, always sleeping or smiling. I remember when Amar was of that age, he just started saying words. He used to cling to me and walk, not running or jumping or throwing away things. I've been cleaning up for the past 30 min and now I'm finally done.

I checked the clock and it was 6:30 in the evening. I was walking to check up on them when my phone rang blaring waking up little Danny boy. I picked him up from the crib and held him in my arms, consoling him, and dialed the number back as it was from the hospital.

"Hello, This is Dr.Divya," I said as soon as someone picked up the call.

"Dr.D! I'm sorry, I know you told me not to disturb you for the next 3 days but the equipment you ordered for the research is here and they are not letting us take it in for you. Can you come down here for 20 min and complete the paperwork for that?" She asked me.

I looked down at Danny, who went back to his sleep. If I miss it now, it's gonna take one more month to get it. What do I do?

I'll give them to Andrew. He is the first person that popped into my mind.

"Sure, Ask them to wait for 20 min," I told her and cut the call.

I immediately called Andrew but he didn't pick up my call, I went to check up on the boys who are on a timeout, and found them in the same room sleeping together. Didn't I put them in separate rooms?

I should be mad at them, but looking at their peaceful calm faces just dial downed all my anger. I quietly woke them up, both of them, and told them to get in the car.

"Are we going, park Mama?" Amar asked me with excitement looking at the road.

"No, mama has some work at the hospital and she needs you guys to stay with Andrew for some time, till she gets back."

"ANDY, ANDY...."

Alex and Amar started manifesting Andrew's name by yelling it out loud till we reached their new office building. Unlike last time they don't just have 2 floors, this whole 25-story building is for Global Tech.

I put Danny back in the stroller and walked to the reception along with the boys.

"Ella, Ella." Amar and Alex chanted that name and the receptionist jumped out of her chair and ran to us squealing in excitement.

"Amar! Alex!"

When all these people say my son's names it sounds like ay-maar instead of uh-mar.

"You must be Amar's mom. I am Stella." She said looking at me.

It feels good to be recognized as my son's mother, so I nodded at her with a lunatic smile on my face feeling proud to be called Amar's mother.

"Hi Stella, My name is Divya, Is Andrew in here?" I asked her with a smile glued to her face.

"Yeah! He is on the 21st floor. Let me open the elevator for you." She said dropping the boys on their feet and grabbing her card to open the elevator which clearly says Authorized personnel only.