Chapter 22

Divya

Tomorrow is my son's 3rd birthday and today I got a letter saying that I am board-certified. This is the best day of my life.

I am waiting for the clock to hit 12, so I could wish him. And guess who's here with me but sleeping with his head on my lap?

You got it right! Andrew.

He went to Sydney last week and came in 2 hours back, so he wouldn't miss out on Amar's birthday. He was so tired from all the jet lag and work, so I made him sleep on my lap by massaging his head and playing some videos about my work to bore him.

He looks peaceful in sleep these days, I never understood why people watch other people sleeping but looking at him in my lap clutching my stomach, with his big hands looking as handsome as ever with his sweet face, I just couldn't turn my eyes away from him.

I bent down and kissed him on his head when he is sleeping because he would make a smug remark about me not being able to keep it to myself around him.

My phone beeped at 11:55, so I woke up Andrew and we are now going into Amar's room. I quietly turned the lights on and walked to his bed.

And I tapped him on his shoulder to wake him up.

"Amar! Baby, Happy birthday.." I said to him kissing his cheek.

I could feel him smile as his cheeks went wide.

"Thank you, Mama!" He said getting up and opening his eyes lazily.

"Happy Birthday Little Man!" Andrew yelled from behind with a huge nerf gun in his hands.

When did he get that?

"Andy...Mama Andy is here!" He said rubbing his eyes, to make sure that he is really there.

Amar jumped into Andrew's arms and they started talking animatedly to each other. Andrew came in after Amar slept, so he is surprised to see him here.

"Mama! Can we sleep together as we did in New York?" He asked me with a cute pout.

"It's your birthday baby! We will do whatever you want." I replied pinching his cute little soft cheeks.

And now we are all in my bed together, with Amar in the middle and all his attention on Andrew talking about Nerf battles they can do tomorrow at the party which I have no clue about.

But looking at my son so excited, made me happy and I slept through the night with a smile on my face that we are in good hands and leading a happy life.

We all woke up the next morning to the annoying doorbell sound. I was in Andrew's arms with my head on his chest, his hand on my waist, and Amar sleeping on Andrew clutching onto his body.

I got out of bed and went downstairs and opened the door revealing Amaya, Jameson, Elena, Alex, and Danny.

"Hello!" I yawned halfway through welcoming them in.

"Where is Amar, Diya?" Alex asked me tugging my pants.

"He is still sleeping, why don't you guys go wake him up?" I said opening the door and welcoming them in.

"When did you come back?"

"What are you doing here so early?

The questions from Jameson and Amaya as I was locking the door and I knew they were for Andrew.

"I came in last night, and stayed over after wishing Amar." He said pushing his hair back feeling embarrassed for getting caught, while Amaya came to me wiggling her eyes, and pulled me into the kitchen with Elena in her arms.