Chapter 11

Andrew

I kept looking at Divya who was disappearing into the washroom in my mother's dress, she made me feel that my mother is here with me after a long time.

I auctioned all my mother's clothes and donated the money to the American Cancer Society, except for 2 of her most prized possessions. I gave one to Amy because she filled the void of a sister and best friend I lost when my mother died. I am really glad that Amy gave Divya that dress, she looks ethereal.

I wanted to keep her close to me and never leave her side. I walked to the bar, sat down and calmed my bubbling feelings down, and looked at everyone in the room.

"Andrew! You guys look so good together, When are going to confess your love to Divya?" Ana asked sitting beside me.

Everyone in this world knows except her.

"Not so fast Ana, She still has so many walls and insecurities that I have to break. She is completely broke on the inside" I said sipping down my water.

"I know, She has gone through so much. She deserves the best and I feel that you are the best for her.." Ana said patting my back.

"Finally, I will have someone to attend all these parties with me and I can show the world that I have a successor. Amy hates these things and Piper is in London, no one believes that I have 2 sons who are married. " She exclaimed her happiness about Divya and me.

I know why Amy hates these parties because she is clumsy as heck. She broke a 25-foot Champagne tower at their reception, that party was a sticky mess after that.

Jameson came by and told us that he is done for today and is leaving the party. He looks really tired after talking to all these people. He is the face of Global Tech and Hospitals while I work in the background away from all the attention.

I hate attention, Thank god most of them recognize my face because I used to act with my mother during my pre-teens to spend more time with her, After her death, I kept myself away from everything that reminded me of her like fame, attention, paparazzi.

But there are so many people in here who are able to recognize my face and I hate it. I had to come for Divya. This is the first time she asked me on her date and I didn't wanna miss the chance.

Where is she? What's taking her so long? It's been 5 minutes. I walked to the ladies' room and waited for her to come out.

I saw a nurse from the hospital walk out of the washroom.

"Hey! Could you do me a favor and check if Dr.Divya is in there." I asked and stopped her.

She kept staring with a star-struck look on her face and I smiled at her as I need her to look for Divya inside.

After what felt eternity she opened her mouth

"Big fan you and your mother Mr.Jones, Dr.Divya was here when I came in but 2 girls in there started bad-mouthing her for coming with you and I don't know where she left after that."

Someone bullied Divya for coming with me, Why can't people mind their own business? I felt furious at myself for hurting her. But I have to find out who did that to her, I'm not going to leave whoever hurts her.

"Thank you! If possible can you give me the names of the people who called out on her?" I asked her but she told me that she doesn't know anything about it.

I looked for her nearby, I tried calling her but then I remembered that she didn't carry her phone with her tonight. So, I left the ballroom and ran to her office hoping she would be there, but her room was empty. Did she go back home without me?