Chapter 6

Divya

After making the food, I walked over to the living room and found my son sitting on Andrew's lap watching TV while he is looking into his phone seriously.

These people don't know how to leave work at the office. I shouldn't be the one saying that, I have surgery scheduled for tomorrow for a patient who came in today, I should catch up on my books after dinner.

"Andrew! Can you put him on his chair?" I asked him, putting all the dishes on the dining table.

"Hmm... Smells good." Andrew said and picking up Amar and joining the dinner table.

"Thank you! I made Mac and Cheese for you, I know you don't prefer Indian." I said and he looked relieved.

Why couldn't he just admit that he doesn't like Indian food? Sometimes I don't understand Andrew, he hates doing some things but he does them anyway.

"How's work going on?" Andrew asked me to put Amar in the chair.

"It's great, I have a hysterectomy scheduled for tomorrow. I'm kinda nervous. It's been so long since I did one. Ms. Gina is a really strong person to get through this, I don't know what if I mess up " I rambled and he just chuckled.

"Don't worry! You will do great. You did so many surgeries at NCSH, just relax. So Hysterectomy is where you remove the uterus right? " He asked me to stop my rambling.

"Yeah, she has endometriosis and she was really suffering when she came into the ER yesterday. She wanted to take her uterus out to end the pain and opted for this. She is really strong you know, she had laparoscopy 5 years back and had a baby but there was not much of an improvement." I continued my babbling which stopped when Andrew held me by my shoulders.

"You are gonna do great. Stop overthinking, and be confident." He said and his sea green is gazing through my soul, we kept looking into each other's eyes until Amar threw his plate on the floor gaining our attention.

"You feed and put him to sleep first, we will eat later," Andrew said getting up from the table to pick up Amar's plate.

"someone's getting hangry. We don't throw a fit when we are angry, capeesh?" Andrew asked Amar.

"Sowiee Mama. Sowiee." Amar said with a cute pout on his face. I smiled at him and kissed his cheek which made Amar clap his hands in happiness.

"Anduu, fee me." My son asked Andrew, who was looking at us with a smile glued to his face.

"Yes sir, let's see what we have here. There is some green-looking rice and some yummy chicken." Andrew said licking his lips and Amar giggled at his reaction.

I mixed Amar's food when they were animatedly talking to each other and gave the plate to Andrew. My son didn't care if the food was white or blue, he was happy and involved with the person feeding him, and he didn't care what he was putting in his mouth.

Amar stopped eating white-colored foods when he saw Andrew not eating them. I had a hard time finding foods which are not white. He makes a fuss with milk, so I have to flavor his milk with something every day. I hate Andrew
for that, but he makes it up in every other way, by being there for my son in more ways than a father for his child.

Jameson and Andrew are the only father figures in his life. Amar is more attached to Andrew because he never says no to him, unlike Jameson. I wonder how Amaya and Jameson are working with 3 kids now.

"Mama, anduu shower me and story me, please," Amar asked me and I was about to say no.

Before I could answer, Andrew, picked him up and went upstairs.