Chapter 9

Divya

Today has been amazing so far and it's only 10A.M! I've spent most of the time with Andrew and my son. They have such a great bond, it always amazes me how Andrew takes care of my sweet little baby.

Andrew went upstairs to change his clothes so we can get to the nearest park.

"Maa! I love Andrew. He gave me this." He said showing the new unopened blue bike with training wheels.

I looked at Andrew who has a guilty look on his face, rubbing his neck and showing his biceps.

I am attracted to Andrew, I don't know why but when I saw him semi-naked today morning I couldn't breathe. He is the only man I've seen semi-naked and patients don't count. I wanted to run away from him when I knew that Ammu dumped me, but then I remembered my promise to make more friends.

"You can't take things from people like that baby! Let's give it back to him." I bent down and told my son and he just ran away from me into Andrew's arms.

This child of mine is unbelievable.

"He is almost 3 now Divya, He has to learn how to ride a bike. I can give him anything I want and we don't need your permission right buddy?" Andrew asked the last part to my son in his arms and Amar smiled agreeing with Andrew.

Why bike? How can I teach my son how to ride it when I for one don't know how to ride a bike? My dad never taught me how to ride a bike, a car, or anything. He says girls should always be in the backseat enjoying life not driving it.

Arjun and Andrew taught me how to drive when I came here.

"Maa! Can we take it to the park with us? "

I looked at them pouting at me to accept their request. I am going to teach my son everything, I'm not going to be that kind of parent who always refuses their child, sometimes I want to be the good cop too.

"Fine! We can take it." I huffed at them and they stopped pouting at me and high-fived each other.

"You mister, you have to teach him how to ride since you bought it." I angrily stormed at Andrew so he won't know that I don't know how to teach my son.

He happily agreed to my command and came to me while Amar was unboxing the bike.

"You don't know how to ride a bike right?"He asked smirking at me.

How did he know that? Was my acting that bad?

"I know you inside out Divya, I've been watching you for the last 3 and half years. I know how you react to everything, so stop faking your smile, anger, or happiness with me because I can see through you and your face never lies to me." He whispered standing beside me in my left ear looking at Amar opening the box with excitement.

The proximity was making my body go crazy, My heart started beating loudly at each and every word. 

Andrew was with me through all my pains, he helped me achieve things in life, he makes me feel proud of myself, and most of all he values my opinion which my own parents never did. Why does Andrew out of all the men in the world makes me feel like this?

Stop Imagining things, don't fall into the same old trap your stupid heart sets. You are not feeling anything. All men are the same my brain snickered at me getting out of the chain of thoughts.

Last time I listened to my heart and lived for others but now I will not repeat the same thing again. He might see through my heart but there are 6-inch concrete bricks my brain is going to throw at people before they try to know me.