Chapter 23

Divya

"Hello! This is Riya from Academy of Building Blocks pre-school. Can I talk to Divya, Amar's mom?"

"This is Divya, How can I help you? Is Amar okay?" I questioned her feeling panicked.

Alex, Amar and Elena go to the same preschool. Amar joined preschool a month after his birthday, and it's been 4 months since.

"Are Alex and Elena okay?" I asked her again before she could reply.

"Everyone is fine Ma'am! I would like to meet with you and discuss something about Amar. Can you come by around 3P.M today?" She asked me.

"Sure! I will be there by 3. See you soon." I told her and cut the call.

I felt relived that everyone is fine, but what does she need to talk about? Did he do anything? Did he hurt anyone?

I started panicking and called the only person that popped in my mind who can calm me down.

"Someone's missing me!" Andrew said but I could feel him smile.

"The preschool people called, they said they want to talk to me about Amar. I am terrified, I don't know what to do. I was always a goody two shoes, no one had to talk to my parents about me. I don't know what to do, did he do something wrong? Did he hit anyone? Did he.."

"Divya, Relax! Stop overthinking, every thing will be fine. If it was an emergency they would've asked you to come right away. May be she wants to talk how exceptional my Amar is." He stopped me from my negative thoughts and calmed my frightened heart.

"You think so?" I asked him still doubting myself.

"I know so. And before going to the preschool swing by the office and pick me up. I will join you guys. I am in the middle of a meeting right now, I will call you later, Bye, Love you!" He said giving me confidence and cut the call.

A smile formed on my lips as soon as I heard the Love you, even though I've listened to that like a million times it still feels like the first time.

Life has been wonderful these days, and the main reason for that is Andrew. I've always struggled with work, raising Amar, education and life but when you have a person to share your load, all the struggles and happiness with they seem lighter. I don't know how but he makes me happier and complete.

We've grown really close in the last 5 months and can you believe we never fought once. I tried to start a fight so many times because that's all relationships are right a few fights and making up. But this Andrew never fights back with me, so annoying.

He also shared all his past, how he overcame his addiction and how they started Global Tech. And the relationship between Andrew and his father has improved a lot, Theodore visited us twice.

"Dr.D, We have to go for the rounds!"Valerie said opening my cabin door breaking my chain of thoughts.

I joined her and look at all the patients, whom we performed the surgery last week and their families who are happy. I love my job, looking at these smiles make all the 10 years of hardworking worth it.

"Dr.Divya, My brother's stomach pain is gone."My patient Phinean's little sister said to me as I entered their room while her parents gave us a sheepish smile at her daughter.

"That's so good Lilly, I told you I can help him." I told her looking at his sheet. Phinean is 12 year old boy who came in with appendix the day before yesterday.

"Everything is fine now Mr.Lucas and Mrs. Lucas. The stitches are healing. You can take him home tonight." I told her walked out of their room not before giving Lilly the candy I got her.