Chapter 18

Divya

Today is our last day in New York, we will be leaving early morning tomorrow. I loved it here, this place gave me the best memories of my life.

Amar is already asleep and I am packing all our clothes back in the bags.

And as for Andrew and his father, they talked for an hour last night and they seemed civil after that. It was really late so we stayed at their place for the night. Yesterday was too tiring physically and emotionally, so I was knocked out the minute I got into bed.

Andrew went out this evening and is not back yet. I wanted to call and ask where he was but I didn't want to be clingy.

"Divya! Divya" I heard Andrew yelling from the kitchen. His voice calmed down my worrying heart.

Thank god! He is back and finally here safely.

"I am in my room, Andrew," I replied and continued folding Amar's clothes trying to act nonchalantly.

I didn't want to tell him my feeling until I told him about my past, but I couldn't stop myself after seeing him in pain yesterday. What can I say my heart has a mouth of its own.

I told him that I love him, but I am still scared that he will feel disgusted after he knows what Jay did to me. That's one of the reason's I am trying to be emotionally distant from him as much as possible.

"Linda told me that you didn't eat yet? Let's go and eat." He started dragging me along with him.

I was waiting for him to come back, I couldn't eat with worry in my mind that he hasn't been home for the last 5 hours.

"I didn't feel like eating and I am not hungry, Andrew!" I whined not giving him the real reason and followed him with a smile on the inside that he cared.

"I know you were waiting for me Divya, I had to go to Boston and the flights were delayed because of the weather." He said, placing the chicken tortellini on a plate and giving it to me.

I stood there analyzing his face, those beautiful eyes of his showed concern and worry for me. Is it wrong to enjoy the worry on someone's face? Because I did enjoy it, it made me feel wanted and important.

I sat there quietly watching him devour the pasta, as I stuffed myself with the food. I am not a fan of Italian, It's too bland for my liking.

After I was done eating, Andrew took my plate with his and rinsed it even though I protested that I could do it by myself.

We are sitting in the living room enjoying the tiramisu Linda made before leaving for the day.

"I went to Boston to get something for you and father came along with me!" He said placing his plate on the table.

Wow! That's progress, he couldn't sit in the same room with him and now they stayed together for 5 hours. I am so happy and proud of him for trying to mend his relationship.

"Here! This is my 10-year sobriety chip. I want you to have this." He said and placed a gold-coated coin in my palm.

I moved my eyes from the coin and Andrew's face. He looks so proud of his achievement. I just pulled him into a hug and kissed him on his cheek. I know how hard it is to overcome an addiction medically.

"You should give this to Jameson, He was there for you, not me," I told him truthfully because I feel like I didn't deserve it.

"But you gave me a purpose Divya, I was just living without purpose until you came into my life. You gave me the reason to stay sober Divya, I wanted to be the perfect man for you." He said making my stomach flutter with his words.