Chapter 31

Andrew

"No....as in you won't marry me or you don't love me anymore?" Divya asked me with tears pooling her eyes making me feel like a jerk.

"You broke my heart Divya, and I am not sure I can relive that pain again. I love you so much that it hurts me. You leaving felt like the end of the world to me." I told looking at her while my heart clenched in pain looking at her face.

She opened her mouth to say something and closed it again not being able find any words to say.

"Even now, I still can't believe that this is happening, I am scared that if I move you will disappear again, I am scared to touch you and realize that it's not true, I am scared of losing you again." I said rubbing my neck feeling hot with all the emotions my body is going through.

"I am sorry Andrew.. I am here for real and I will never ever leave you." she came forward and pulled my hand and placed it in hers assuring me that it's real.

But my broken heart is still scared, Those 10 days without her were really hard for me. I was about break my 10 years of sobriety to divert myself from the pain, but Jameson came to me before I did. He called my sponsor and made someone stay with me every single second.

Amaya cleared out all the alcohol in the house and she cried with me when I was broken before Divya's house. I hurt all the people who stood by me when I was at my worst just because Divya left me.

"I never thought that the worst thing you would do is leave me, after all the time we spent together. I couldn't believe what what was happening at that moment. I couldn't breathe, I lost my will to live without you Divya.

I waited outside your house hoping that you would come back, to explain why you took such a big decision about me. But you never came back Divya, And the worst thing is you took Amar away and I had to convince him to go with you. Do you know how much that hurt? " I questioned her again while she stood still not able to answer anything, shocked at my outburst at her.

"I put Amar and you above everything else in my life and you said Amar was your son, you ripped my heart out and stepped on it with those words. I begged you to give me a reason to why you are leaving, I assured you to find a solution for your problem Divya..but looks like my love was never enough for you to stay back and give me an answer." I said to her.

She is here but I am scared to say yes. What if she decides to leave me again? I can't go through that, I am not ready to get my heart broke twice. She can't take my love for granted and walk away from whenever she pleases.

After what felt like an eternity she spoke up.

"I know, me giving the reason now won't make you feel any better." She whispered holding my hand tighter.

"No, it won't." I said back to her curtly and felt a lump in my throat, looking at her painful face.

" I know, I hurt you and I am really sorry about that....It was not your mistake Andrew, it was all me. I don't..I don't know why but I always feel like a the same old little girl trying to impress her father, when he came in and told me that he would get my little cousin married to Jay, and all I could ever think about was her going through the same pain as me, and I didn't want her to. So I left you and my family here because I hate that part of myself which is weak and succumbs to others. I didn't want you to see that part in me.

When I went back there, I realized that it was all a lie and he fooled me again, he put in confinement without any electronics to contact you or anyone here.