Chapter 8

Andrew

"What are you doing here?" I asked Jameson who was at my door on a Saturday morning looking really mad and sad.

"Move and let me come in." He replied and came in before I could close my door I saw Amaya in the driveway.

"Jameson, You better come back to the car or I'm gonna kill you," Amaya screamed coming in.

"Are you gonna kill me with the same knife which is under your pillow?" He asked her with sarcasm dripping all over.

what's happening to them? Why are they fighting like this?

"What's wrong with you guys?" I asked them as soon on as they both came in.

"Your best friend thinks I will kill her one day and sleeps with a knife under her pillow." He said looking sad at Amaya's actions.

"I didn't say you will kill me, I saw a documentary on Netflix called American Neighbor, and in that the father kills his wife and kids to get into a relationship with his girlfriend. I was scared and Arjun gave me the idea to put a knife under the pillow just in case." She explained making Jameson furious.

I smiled on the inside because Amaya is the only person who can do things like that.

"Obviously Arjun Knows! Why do you think so low of me? You are my life Maya and I would never do that to you or the kids. I've been working harder for us. Don't you see it, I can't live without you." He exclaimed in pain and she just ran and hugged him.

"If you are done with your episode of rubbing your relationship in my face please leave," I told them and they just gave me a goofy smile.

"Don't be jealous, one day you will have a crazy lunatic for a wife. I hope she is not like this one here." Jameson said earning a hit from Amaya.

"Divya is not a lunatic and just so you know that's not the only knife I have in our room." She said and winked at him.

Did she say Divya is not a lunatic? Does that mean she is okay with me and Divya?

When Divya first came here Amaya was so cynical about my feelings toward her. She told me that she is too fragile for a relationship now. I respect Amy and she is my best friend, I understood her pain and never confessed to her in the past years.

Does Amaya think that there is Divya and Andrew now? Just the thought of that makes me happy.

"Did you hear what I said?" Amy asked me snapping her fingers in front of my eyes.

"I did. Do you think she will like me back?" I asked her in a desperate tone.

"I hope so, if she does you will be my brother-in-law. How exciting is that?." She jumped in excitement.

"Maya, stop taking everything to an extreme. Amy thinks that Divya is strong enough to stand up for herself and is forgetting her past. Just don't break her or your heart again." Jameson explained.

If Amy thinks Divya is strong enough, she definitely is.

"If it's anyone in the world I trust with Divya and Amar it's you, Andrew. Please help her forget her past and get her back to normal." Amy pleaded with me and I nodded yes.

There were two things in the world stopping me from confessing my feelings to Divya. One is losing my best friend Amy and the other one is losing Divya's confidence in me.

I am euphoric at Amy's trust in me. I can do this. I cheered myself.

"Let's go home before mom drops the kids off." He said and they walked to the door.