Chapter-14

Divya

"Mama is sleeping on Andy." I heard Amar giggle.

"I know, Let's go, play ball," Alex replied and I heard their footsteps recede.

I tried to get up and stop them, but the bed was clutching me tight not letting me get up. I immediately opened my eyes and lifted my head up and saw Andrew's face.

 Did we sleep all night like this? His heartbeat was the best lullaby to sleep off. My head is on his chest, his arms around me helping him to not fall off the couch at the same time comforting me.

I wiggled myself out of his hold and got out the couch without disturbing him and moved his legs completely on the couch, so he can sleep in a better position.

I stood there looking at his face, He looks angry in his sleep, eyes scrunching and a scowl on his face. I want to wake him up and end his bad dream, but he didn't sleep properly, so I set his eyebrows to normal with my fingers and left him to sleep.

I got out of the bathroom, went to Amar's room, and found Alex and Amar playing with Danny who was wide awake, giggling with his brothers.

"MAMA!"

"Diya!"

Amar and Alex came to me as soon as they saw me. Aunty Divya is really long for Alex, so he calls me Diya.

I bent down and kissed them good morning and sent them to the bathroom to brush their teeth. In the meanwhile, I picked up Danny, cleaned him up and gave him his milk bottle, and placed him on the kitchen counter.

I started preparing breakfast, and Saturday is our pancake day. Alex and Amar came in and sat on the breakfast stools waiting for their pancakes talking about random stuff.

"I would love to wake up to this smell and sound every day," Andrew said in a raspy and sexy morning voice.

I turned around from the stove to look at him, His voice made 3 people smile and one just babbled at him.

He looks like he just walked out of a photo shoot with his messy hair and a sleepy look. Amar and Alex yelled his name in excitement and he picked both of them in his arms and started talking to them animatedly.

"Andrew, Why don't you go and freshen up while I make some food," I told him and he left.

I fed all the boys and sent them to the backyard to play for some time, Danny is napping on the kitchen island.

I started making some pancakes for Andrew after drinking some coffee.

"Those smell really good!" Andrew said.

I could smell the musky citrus scent and fresh minty breath coming from behind. He changed into normal clothes, he is wearing a Khaki Jogger with a black shirt.

I just smiled at his compliment and gave him a plate with a Nutella stuffed pancake, topped with strawberries and Banana.

"Did you eat?" He asked me taking the plate from my hand and I nodded horizontally.

"You eat that, and teach me how to make these pancakes for you." He said and moved me away from the stove, hovering over it not giving me any space to get in.

I've always been taught to eat after all the men in the house, My mom never sat and ate along with my dad. And Andrew wants to learn how to make food for me and on top of that he wants me to eat first. Was I brought up wrong or Is Andrew different?

I am standing beside him teaching him how to flip a pancake. So far he burnt 2 of them and broke 4.

"I did it! My first pancake. Whohoo! Let me decorate it for you." He yelled in happiness and added some strawberries, bananas, and whipped cream.