Chapter 29

Divya

"Thank you so much grandpa, I don't know what I would do without your help." I told Raghu Thatha hugging him.

He bought us the new passports back today and gave them to me in the name of health checkup without raising suspicion.

"Don't thank me Divya. I am ready to do whatever I can to help you. I tried to talk to your father, but he wouldn't listen to me. I am sorry about him, How are you going to get out now? " He asked breaking our hug.

"I need you to take Jay and my dad away from the party for 20 min. That's the last thing I need from you." I told him and he nodded.

I couldn't sleep with the thought of party I have to attend in my mind.I promised myself that this the last day Jay and my father will see me. Because after this party they are going to hate me, I just have to keep Amar away from Jay for tomorrow. One more day and I can be with Andrew and the people who made me strong.

My plan is to tell everyone at the party what Jay and my father did to me. When my father gives the society and it's people so much priority, it deserves to know what he did to me. Then the society can decide what's wrong and right.

But am I ready to humiliate my father? How is he going to react? Is my freedom from him really worth it? Why can't he change like Raghu Thatha(grandpa) did when Jameson came in and asked him to take them back.

I kept tossing in bed all night with all these deranged thoughts, before the sleep could take over me, the sun came up and my mom came in to my room wake us up. I got up, fed my son some breakfast and went upstair to get ready for the event to get ready. I wore a red saree with light make up on and dressed up Amar in a 3 piece suit.

I got into the car along with my mom, Amar and father. The whole ride was so quiet, no one spoke a word, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

I am scared, to do this. I started to regret my decision. What if something bad happens?

We walked into Jay's parents house, that's where they are hosting the party. This house is where Jay first hit me. All the bad memories came rushing to my mind.

Jay came by me as soon as I entered the room with Amar, who held me tight looking at Jay.

Amar is still scared of him, and he also witnessed Amaya in Jail because of him. My son is traumatized with his biological father presence.

So, I called my mom and asked her to take care of my son while I deal with this jerk wad.

"What are you wearing? Do you have to show everyone you are a slut now?" He hissed at me making me more angrier and pushed away all the regret I had till now.

Why is everyone here obsessed with what I am wearing? Gosh!

If it was the old me, I would've felt conscious and changed my dress, but not this girl.

"Don't take yourself too seriously! Your opinion doesn't matter to me. I look beautiful and I know it. Take your hand off my shoulder before I make a scene." I told seething and shoved his hand from my shoulder and walked away to find my cousins to ask about the Divorce papers.

I can't be in the same room as him anymore.

People started flowing in, all my family and Jay's clients, friends are here too. I put on a fake smile for everyone and stood there greeting them.

Guess what story they made up for my disappearance for the last 4 years?

Apparently Jay sent me to US to get a PhD, and it took me all 4 years that to complete it with a job. Why would a trauma surgeon need a PhD? And everyone believes it were asking me how my education experience was.