⋆⋅ fourty two ⋆⋅

╔═══*.·:·.★ ✦ ★・:・:*═══╗
Chapter 42
╚═══*.·:·.★ ✦ ★・:・:*═══╝

2 days.

48 hours.

2880 minutes had gone by without me seeing Molly.

The last glimpse I saw of her before leaving was directly at 10:08 am.

After an excruciatingly long 2 days, it had hit that time again. I was stupid for checking my phone for missed texts from her, inside I knew she didn't have any communication. Instead of actually doing anything, we sat like ducks for 48 hours, it was starting to piss me off.

"Can we call anyone? Anyone she might go to for help?" Me and Tubbo had gone to actually cleaning the house, it was mostly me cleaning, and Tubbo watching. After a bunch of twitch streamers living in a house nearly a week, plus the pile of stress, things got a little messy.

"she has an aunt in Northern California that she hasn't spoken to in years, the rest of her family is either dead or out of touch" Wilbur answered.

"How do we know this?"

"Banks said they looked through her and her parents phones" Niki responded, I hummed as I wiped down the kitchen counter.

"cleaninginnit" Tubbo sat down at the island.

"hmm no" I scoffed.

"servantinnit—no better maidinnit"

"no tubbo I swear to god—"

"lysolinnit, chemicalinnit, raginnit,
kitchencounterinnit" he went on and on, I moved to sweeping the floors. Niki and Wilbur watched carefully.

"are you ok tommy?" Niki asked warily.

"I'm fine" I responded not looking up from the floor.

"are you sure—" Wilbur started before I cut him off,

"do we have a mop" I stared at the floor and noticed that every second I left it untouched; it would get dirtier.

"I'm not sure, tommy what are you trying—" Wilbur tried to get back on track,

"I'm going to look for a mop" I left the kitchen, trying to avoid all serious conversation.

I lingered in the hallway, finding a closet door. Yanking it open, many things fell out. Including a bucket with a mop.

Going back to the kitchen, Niki and wilbur were having a hushed conversation, they stopped and instantly looked at me as I walked in.

"what?" I snapped.

"nothing" Wilbur shook his head and went back to an even more hushed dialogue with Niki.

After another hour, the entire downstairs, including the kitchen, living room, bathroom, and dining room had been mopped. I looked at the dishwasher, it still had twenty minutes left, I had already fluffed the couch, folded clothes, wiped the counters, and vacuumed the few rugs in the house. There was no harm in repeating the cycle, so I grabbed the same rag and started wiping down at the kitchen surface.

"Tommy I'm pretty sure the counter is clean" Alex walked into the kitchen, I had been scrubbing the same spot for over two minutes, zoning out thinking of the same things that had gone through my head this entire morning. Where was Molly? How was Molly?

"tommy?" Alex waved his hand in front of me as I stared at the scrubbed counter.

"hmm" I looked up as if nothing had happened.