42.

Madison lays on Vito's stomach watching tv with him. Her hands rubbing against his stomach slowly, caressing his food baby.

"Papa are you still up?"

She didn't get a response so she lifts her head up to see him staring at the tv.

"Babe"

"...Victor." She calls out again,causing him to snap out of his thoughts

"Is their something you want to talk about,you have been quiet since lunchtime. We had dinner and you're still quiet. You haven't even said anything inappropriate,What's going on"

"I'm good ma."

Vito pecks her forehead and begins to stare back at the tv. Madison shakes her head before shutting the tv off.

"Tv off"

"...I was watching that."

"Victor tell me what's the problem. What is wrong with you?"

"Im fucking bothered okay. I didn't like how your father's woman came for my daughter. I feel disrespected but I also somehow feel like a bad parent, what if something really is wrong with her Ivy. What if she really can't-

"Enough with that , Layla is a smart girl. Just because she doesn't talk that much doesn't mean a thing. Every baby isn't the same. Papa, we raised her, not Yalmin. We know her better than her, you want to know why,because we're her parents. Screw what she says. Their is nothing wrong with our daughter."

"I'm still getting her checked just in case. I want to make sure that if their is a problem that it can be fixed soon as possible." Vito answers

"Victor, she just turned one. So what if she isn't saying thank you. She's saying Mom Dad and she's saying she's hungry. If something was wrong with her I don't think she would be able to do that."

"Madison I just want to make sure."

"Victor how are you going to let someone who doesn't know your child tell you what is wrong with her, Yalmin isn't a pediatrician either if I'm not mistaken."

"Ivy, she's still a doctor. She knows what a child is supposed to be doing at the age of one."

"If she says our child has bugs growing out of her face are you going to believe her?" Madison asks

Vito sighs and shakes his head.

"Ivy I just want to make sure that she is healthy and able to function just as we are."

"Victor, if she falls right now do you know what she's going to do? She's going to cry,because that's what kids do,their is nothing wrong with Lay."

"Enough Ivy,she's my damn child ,so if I want to make sure that she's okay let me be."

Vito stands up and leaves Madison in the living room alone. Madison frowns and runs her fingers through her hair. She felt saddened by the way he said it. She felt that for someone who isn't even hers she does a pretty damn good job of taking care of her. Madison's feelings were hurt and she wanted to take it out on the person who earned it.

She grabs her phone from beside her and calls her father's phone.

"I was just going down to bed, what's the problem?"

"Dad, your girlfriend is. Me and Victor were good until she had to speak about Layla not being talkative. Now he's in the house sad and just being an asshole." Madison expresses angrily

"Madison I'm pretty sure Yalmin didn't mean any harm."

"She didn't intend it but it happened and now I have to deal with his crap tonight."