9.

Vito pov

"Today we have a new person with us" I look up from my shoes and nod my head at the people around me.

"Could everyone go around and say your name and say one thing about yourself?"

I watch as an older man goes first.

"Hello my name is Charlie and I like to build things"

"Hi everyone my name is Alissa and my favorite thing to do is drink and that's mainly my reason why I'm here." She says chuckling to herself

Everyone in the circle shares their name one by one leaving me last.

"Wassup ya'll my name is Vito and I like to be around family."

The host nods her head and begins speaking.

"So I can imagine how hard it can be for you to be here."

"So everyone today we will be doing a get to know myself activities. You are going to dig deep into yourself and be honest with yourself about who you are. No lies ,explain how you feel about being you. You could feel like you're putting up a façade, you could feel like you're the smartest in the world. You can put anything just be positively honest with yourself."

I don't even know what to say. I hurt my body just because I couldn't cope with my demons. My heart really aches out for Madison. That's my baby no matter how much we argue I still love her.

"I got you a paper."

I look up to see the older guy Charlie. I grab the paper and pencil from his hand.

"Aren't you that big club owner?"

I nod my head and turn my head not really wanting to speak.

"Ain't no reason for you to be ashamed. We all have issues that need to be dealt with. The question is can you get over them?"

" what you in here for young"

"Drugs"

"Yeah those can get you in a hole. You have a lady at home?" Charlie asks

"Something like that. She has my baby" I respond

"Well man that's your lady. You love her enough to have unprotective sex, am I right?"

I nod my head before running my tongue over my chapped lip.

" she knows about you and these drugs?"

"I don't really want to talk about it."

I stand up from my seat and head out the room to the room I'm staying in.

Right now I just want to see Layla and be hugged up with her. I miss my daughter. This shit is breaking me deep. A knock to my door startles me, making me look up to see the host.

"Vito are you okay?" She asks giving him a small smile

"Peachy... just miss my daughter" I let out.

" You know once your first two weeks in the family can come see you."

"So I have to wait two weeks to see my kid? Mam no disrespect but I don't even need to be in this shit. I slipped up and did some shit. I'm not a regular user. This was only my third time. Please...please let me be able to see my daughter."

"Once I get confirmation from Doctor Green I can see what I can do"

The host turns around and exits my room without another word

I walk over to my baggage and dig my hand into the front part of my suitcase taking a picture out of me and Layla. I press the picture against my lips and smile at it before putting it back.