43.

Madison

Next day

Victor never came to get Layla. Wasn't like I was going to allow him to walk in here and take her.

"What time do you plan on leaving?" Mahogany asks walking into my room with Layla sleeping between her neck

"Uhh I don't even know."

I was so pissed at him that I didn't leave. I didn't want to see his face nor hear from him. He hadn't even texted me so I guess the feelings were mutual.

"Look If me seeing her is a problem w-

"No Mahogany, you're okay. You're her biological mother, you choose to make a change in your life and to get back in Lay's life and that is very admirable about you."

I watch as she covers her mouth trying to cover her cries. I rise from my bed and walk over to her.

"Hey don't cry."

"I don't want to be the reason for the strain in your relationship."

"Look Mahogany don't worry about me and Victor. As you know relationships have bumps and we always have our bumps. He didn't like what I did and I don't like the way he thinks but that's just how it is."

"Just lay her down and let's have a drink."

After placing Lay on the bed me and Mahogany head into the next room to a nice glass of Taylor Port.

"How many of these do you have?"

"It's my favorite,About three." I answer shrugging

Taylor Port is one of my favorites especially when I'm trying to wind down. I'm pissed at Victor but I miss him. I expected him to see my point of things and apologize already. Once he does, I'll do it. I pour a half of wine in the wine glasses in front of us.

"You guys still haven't talked and I just feel bad"

"Don't be,I made the choice to disregard what Victor said. It doesn't even matter ,it happened already.

My phone buzzing besides me gets my attention.

Raniyah: I think I have cold feet

"Oh boy, give me a second I have to call my bestfriend"

I grab my phone and raise from my spot to go inside of the kitchen for my privacy. I press on her contact waiting for her to answer the call.

"What do you mean you have cold feet,your about to get married in like two weeks"

"Actually in a week." She whines

"What changed,you were so happy?" I asks

"Madison I'm scared. This man will be my husband in a week. He will be the man I'm sleeping the rest of my life with and the only man I- Forever...he will be forever."

"Raniyah I know it sounds intimidating but forever is better than never. He is a great man to you and Ava,right?"

The line stayed silent before she answered.

"He is"

"So what is holding you back?"

"I don't know Madison."

"Are you sure you want to get married now?" I asks grabbing a bottle of water from out of the fridge

"I- I don't know anymore." She whines softly

" Raniyah sit down with yourself and ask yourself if you're ready to be someone's wife. If you're ready to be Demetrius' wife and not Smiley's wife. Do you want to go home to him every night?"