Gone Rogue.

The current events are after chapter 54.

"The age of Shinobi is over."

Says a blonde, after clashing his sword with a black haired teen, both at the age of 17 they stumble back, and the blonde speaks again.

"I didn't think you'd go this far, Kawaki!"

Says the blonde, waiting for a reply.

"I'll send you where I sent the Seventh Hokage, Boruto."

Says the black haired teen named Kawaki.

"Was this the only possible outcome?"

Asks the calm blonde.

"That's right, the age of Shinobi...Is over!"

He says as he activates a mysterious black turned red mark on his arm that reaches up to his face.

"I'm...

The blonde reaches for something in his back pocket, revealed to be a rogue ninja's headband. He activates his the mark that goes up to above his eye, remaining black. Then, he openes the scarred eye that the seal was on and activated his mysterious never seen before dojutsu. The second he activated it, the mark turned blue.

"Still a shinobi!"

He says gripping his sword, both charge, beginning a destructive battle.

3 Years Ago...

This was it, the last time Boruto Uzumaki would gaze upon his village. He was departing late at night, no one on the streets, time being around 2 am. Little did he know, 1 person was spying on him. Kawaki, about to ruin his plans. He passed the sleeping guards and sprinted his way there, Kawaki following behind him.

Soon, they were at the valley of the end which was rebuilt, except there are adult Naruto and Sasuke statutes now, where they shared their final battle. Kawaki manifested all the remaining Otsutsuki DNA inside of him to recreate the karma, this time, not being taken over since Isshiki's spirit is gone. In the middle of the battle, kawaki got on top of Boruto and yelled in his face.

Kawaki: Do you really want to abandon everyone?! Huh?!

Boruto: How would you feel...if you risked everyone's life around you, huh?! You don't know anything about how I feel right now!

After he said that, he pushed him off and they landed on 2 logs.

Boruto: I'll sever our bonds...By killing you today, Kawaki!

He said as he put on his headband.

Kawaki: Bring it!

Kawaki yelled as he activated his modified body which was repaired by Amado.

Their battle lasted for hours, until Boruto's Rasengan clashed with Kawaki's ninja arm blast. Boruto was winning, but got cut on the eye by Kawaki's arm.

The battle was over, Boruto scratched his headband and dropped it next to Kawaki. He gazed upon his adopted brother one last time and left him in the rain. Boruto walked away, walking his sensei's path.

Kawaki woke up, to his brother nowhere to be seen. He limped his way to the village, once the guards spotted him they sent him to the hospital and informed the temporary hokage, Shikamaru. The next day, Naruto woke up from his coma. Shikamaru was going to announce the news to everyone.

He was standing on top of the Hokage tower, Alongside him being Naruto anf Sasuke.

Shikamaru: Today, we are here to discuss an important manner. I will get straight to the point and only say this once. Boruto Uzumaki has left the village without my authority, therefore he has been branded a rogue ninja.

Naruto and Hinata bursted in tears, Sasuke and Shikamaru had a sad look on their faces.

Shikamaru: Nanadaime's adopted son, Kawaki, who is now in the hospital had fought Boruto Uzumaki in the valley of the end. He couldn't beat him, and he fled.

Sarada was pissed and sad, Mitsuki didn't know what to think since he's never been in a situation like this. Sarada was so sad of her love deserting the village that she unlocked her third tomoe sharingan. All of the others were shocked.

Back to Boruto, he was in one of Orochimaru's abandoned hideouts. It's been abandoned for over 20 years, he's certain that Orochimaru had forgotten about it.

He pulled out a device that threw out a bunch of jutsu scrolls, but one scroll in particular was a gift from his sensei. It had a sword and cloak similar to his and had all of Sasuke's jutsu lime chidori, kirin, fireball jutsu, and more.

This was his life, he would spend 3 years in here, training. He had already beaten Momoshiki inside of him and stopped the process of the Karma seal. So he can use it without any risk of Momoshiki taking him over now, even when he's low on chakra.

This, was Boruto Uzumaki's new path.