Wake Up Call

Here I sat in jail. I was sobering up and that was not a good thing. I hurt. Not just my body but everything. The fighting with Kriss and Nikki,the words we said.

It was all coming back to me and I was becoming upset. Plus, I was covered in blood. Some was mine,some belonged to others. I don't know. But, the cops didn't care. They booked me and threw me in without letting me clean up.

I was a mess. How did I end up in jail?? I'm a rock star. No. You're a mess little girl. I was and I am. How did it get this bad? I am drunk or high or both. All the time. And, unhappy.

I should be happy but I'm not. If I don't drink I cry myself to sleep. So, I drink or get high. Or, a man. Anything to ease that pain. Seeing Bret really took its toll. It brought back everything.

Billie Jo,her mom,my mom,dad,the murder,my brother,my life. Seeing him was both great and lousy. I was happy to see him but it hurt.

The day I left Allentown I said I would never hurt or cry or look back. And, I didn't. Until Bret. So, I've been going hard. Its insane. I'm insane. Maybe I'm crazy like my dad,maybe im-

"Torrence Frisco!" The cop was yelling my

Name. I jumped up. "I'm here."

He waved me forward. "Lets go."

I nodded expecting him to say more. He didn't. So, he opened up the holding tank and ushered me out. I quickly followed.

He just kept walking. I kept following. He wasn't saying a word. We walked down a long empty hallway passing doors that were shut. He was whistling. I was about to freak when he opened up a door and the outside smell hit me.

"What? "

"Torr!" I heard my name. I looked to see Bret standing there. I was never so happy to see him in all my life. Despite myself, I started crying. All the emotion,all the fear from the night, and relief from seeing him came gushing out.

I saw Bret wave at the cop than the door shut. I ran to Bret and flung myself at him,sobbing. I let him hold me and allowed myself to feel and let him hold me. He caressed my back, whispering,"its ok,it's ok baby,let it out." And, I did.

I was a mess. Inside and out. It showed. I needed something. I don't know. I pulled back and tried to pull myself together.

"Come on,Torr. I'm taking you to my place. You need a bath,and a good night's sleep."

I nodded sniffling like a 5 year old. I let him put me in the car,put his coat over me. My teeth were chattering so he thought I was cold. He even lit a cigarette for me and handed it. I grabbed it with shaky hands.

"By the way, you're free. And, the charges were all dropped. I took care of it all."

I stare at him open mouthed. He smiled. I melted. What the hell is wrong with me??

"Just relax,princess. I'm taking us home." I nodded and leaned my head against the seat. Surprisingly, I relaxed.