Big Time

*SIX MONTHS LATER*

"Oh,hell no!" I shouted to our new manager Doug. We were in a meeting with the record label.

"No way Doug. No. Mental Disorder opens for no one. We are the headliners. This is Bullshit."

I could see him cringing inside a little. The last six months our band hit it big. I mean big. The night after my tryst with Bret we played at the Whiskey. Unbeknownst to us, three record labels were there scouting out new bands to sign.

I was in a mood that night. Could've been the sex,the coke,the whatever but I played hard. I even did a semi strip tease and teased Danny with his guitar.

The band was on fire. We played longer than we should've so this band called Faster Pussycat couldn't even play. Whatever. Were better than them.

Capitol records offered us the biggest payday with a 3 year album deal and touring. Hell,yeah! We took it. And, our life changed. We spent day after day in the recording studio laying down tracks.

We had so much written and had been singing for so long it was fun...in a sense. When we were sober,we were on but days Danny was strung out,Kriss was screwing the sound guy and poor Tony just wanted to play and record.

No matter how drunk or coked up I was, I pulled my shit together and sang. It was my only true love.

I was also seeing the hottest guy around the strip: Nikki Sixx. I sunk my claws into him and he never looked back. We had a mutual understanding. We don't get serious,we don't fall in love but we're exclusive. He knows what I did to the last guy who cheated on me. Lets just say, he couldn't use his right hand or walk straight for a month.

Our album was released titled Fear and Rain. It sold instantly. We were on MTV,Hit Parader, Metal Edge,Circus were always snapping pictures and clambering for interviews.

And, we did it. We did it all. The magazine's focused on me more than the rest of the band not only because I was the singer but also I was hot,notorious, and had a bad reputation. Due to lyrics in the song Die Bitch and Heroin Love some states were trying to ban us.

It was amazing. I was adored by thousands, I got what I want whenever I want. Nothing could stop me. Us. Nikki took a liking to me when I was interviewed by Metal Edge. They asked so many damn questions I was getting bored. Until, they asked about my family....

They never did again. But, I made a statement, "I plan to rule the world by force or by sex or both." Taken out of context,of course, but they put me on the cover in a red leather tank and tight pants on my knees with the guys laying around me and Kriss like squatting on the side.

Apparently, that not only intrigued the world but Nikki too. So, we began. We're meeting to start the tour. Were hitting the road. I am pumped. I wanna rock the country, the world.

But, I play second to no one. Hence the battle in the meeting.

I turned to Doug. "Look, you're our manager,you work for me. I want to headline. Make it happen!"

He held up his hands. "Alright TorKat, I'll do what I can."

"No. Do it."

The negotiating began. At the moment I was unclear as to who the other band was we were touring with. I didn't care. I got bored. I stood up.

"I'm bored I'm going to smoke. This shit better be fixed by the time I get back."

I walked out and slammed the door for effect. And walked smack into Bret Michaels.

"Shit Bret! You scared the hell outta me!"

He laughed. "Well, hello to you too."

Ok. What is this? This strange feeling in my stomach when I see him. Maybe it's gas.

"What are you doing here?" I demanded.

"Meeting. You?"

"Same."

We just stood there looking at each other, this was annoying to me.

"Don't Just stand there Bret. Smoke with me."

I grabbed his arm and off we went.

We stood outside in the warm sun. It felt good.

"So, uh, you never called me and I never saw you after that night we had."

"Dude, I'm not into relationships you know that. Our sex was truly mind blowing. But, I don't love."

Bret stood completely still for a few moments. He stared at the ground than looked directly at me.

"Torrence, I am really sorry for what happened to you. You were just a kid and didn't deserve it. "

I stood there stone cold not moving or blinking.

"And, I love you. And, one day you're gonna love me too."

Again, I just stood there.

He grabbed my hands and held them.

"Torri, I'm going to marry you and take care of you like you deserve. You're not ready but I am a patient man. I'll wait for you."

He crushed out his cigarette and walked inside leaving me dumbfounded.

I walked back into the meeting shaken and not liking how I felt. So, I took it out on Doug.

"Well, how much did you screw this up?"

He just shook his head. I heard many other voices. I turned and there was Poison.

Oh,hell no...........

"Sorry TorKat. You're the openers. But, I've negotiated better terms. And, you're going on the road with Poison."

I turned and punched Doug right in the nose.