The War

Nikki and I woke up late,very late and went to the jeweler's on Rodeo drive. He wanted to pick out the most perfect diamond for me. We held hands and kissed as we walked.

Unfortunately, a photographer or a million saw and snapped pictures. So much so I stalked up to one grabbed the camera and said if he took one more, I'd shove it so far up his ass only a neurosurgeon could get it.

That made Nikki laugh just not the camera schmuck. He threatened lawsuits and police for assault. I flipped him off told him to fuck off and call my lawyer. After smashing the camera into bits.

We picked out a ring. My gosh. I think this bitch sunk the titanic. But, it was beautiful and special. Strangely the moment he put it on my finger Bret's face flashed through my mind.

What was he doing? I hurt him. I love him. No. Yes. I love Nikki. Because Nikki gets me. Bret is always trying to help or fix me. Yes, I love him and I do miss him. So,so much.

This should be him and I. Picking out rings, baby clothes.... I shook my head violently. Enough! Bret is better off without me. Nikki is my match.

We ate dinner. It was good until I threw it up all over. Again, Nikki rubbed my back and held my hand. Each time I got sick I was reminded of why. The baby. I have a baby I m about to kill. Oh God help me. I'm so sorry little one. You're better off without me.

"Nikki, it hurts. The darkness is coming again," I said in tears.

"Not for long baby." We climbed into his car and handed me everything I needed to take the pain away.

We were snuggling in front of the TV after two grueling hours of both he and I getting our band shit together. We both had albums set to release with the touring schedule being prepared. We were tired and slightly fucked up. There was a knock at the door.

"What the hell?" Nikki said. Nobody we know knocks. He went to answer it. I heard voices getting louder. I went to see what was going on expecting Bret.

No. It was some nerdy business type man. I caught the tail end of Nikki saying "what the hell do you want with Torrance?"

I stepped next to Nikki. This guy looked at me "Torrence Katherine Seymour?"
I crossed my arms. "What's it to you?"
He thrust a paper in my hands.
"You've just been served. Thank you."
Then turned and left.

I stood there for a second then opened up the papers. I scanned it quickly and rage boiled up.
"THAT MOTHER FUCKING BRET IS STOPPING ME FROM GETTING AN ABORTION!"
Nikki jumped back. My outburst scared him. "What?"

I thrust it at him. "Here. Read it. It says something about an injunction against me. An emergency custody halt. Like cease activity or whatever.!"

He read it. Shaking his head. "Yeah, baby he is attempting to stop you. Claiming father's rights or something. You're a danger to the baby and he is seeking custody to stop you."
"Can he even do this?!" I was hysterical and I didn't even recognize my own voice.

"Well, father's do have rights in California. But, I thought the baby had to be born. I don't know. I don't understand it really."

I threw the papers across the hall and stomped up every step to the living room. I was in such a rage. I'll kill him. He has no right. This bastard!

I lit a cigarette and then paced the floor like a caged animal. I was in a fury. My decision. My baby. He can't do this.

Nikki sat down on the couch. "Ok. Call your lawyer. Now. There's an emergency hearing tomorrow morning. You've got a great one. Fight it. We fight it together. Unless....."

I whirled on him "unless what?" I snapped.
"You want to keep it." Nikki had a mixture of hope and sadness in his eyes.

I shook my head violently.
"No. I am not. Bret has just declared war. He got it. I will win."