C H A P T E R | T W O

Ryan had instructed the entire group to stay out of sight of Kyler the entire day , including himself

Ryan had instructed the entire group to stay out of sight of Kyler the entire day , including himself. Every time he saw him down one hallway Ryan would immediately back up and go down the opposite hallway.

Every time he saw Kyler in the hallway before running away, he took notice to the fact that he wasn't smiling nor even frowning, he had a neutral expression which was wierd for the brunette boy

Kyler had noticed each and every time Ryan had spotted him in a crowd and then ran away, obviously not happy about the power he now held and each time he saw Ryan's back a slight smirk appeared in his head.

Mellani had stayed to check on him throughout the day, still not sure what had gone down between him and Hilton and didn't want to ask, she was the type of person to believe that the past was to stay in the past, and in most cases she was right.

"Ky" she shouted down the hallway and ran up to him, holding her hand against her shoulder while she pulled him along beside her, not telling him where she was taking him "did you loose your phone again" was the only possible explanation for her to be dragging him about, it didn't make sense for her not to tell him. Mellani was able to swerve around people, her short height was able to duck under many people's arms. She didn't take into account that she was short but Kyler was able to tower over her, and each time she duck and tugged her along he got a mouthful of shirt or skin.

"Mel, where are we going" Kyler asked again, ducking in time to not get a taste of a fast flying football "you'll see" she shouted back squeezing his hand in exaggerated anger and quickly pulling him in front of her, placing both her hand on his broad shoulders and forcing him inside a classroom.

"What" he started turning to look at Mellani slamming the door, with a click of the lock and walking away. Kyler scrunched his eyebrows together in confusion holding his books to his chest and turning around to look at the classroom.

His eyes narrowed at the group sitting in the chairs, the furthest away from the door who were already looking at him in shock, some with fear. Regretting his decision as he made eye contact with Hilton who hung her head in shame off the earlier events "fūck" Kyler said under his breath setting down the binder and science text book, looking darkly at the group who seemed to shuffle into their seats.

"Let me guess" Kyler started, anger seeping out of every word as he raised his foot knocking over a metal chair, letting it slam loudly against the ground. He grinned maliciously as the group of male and females jumped in their seat, Ryan included who didn't dare to look directly at him "you got my friend to do this" he started to accuse slamming his hand against the nearby desk.

That might be true but as much as she was the person to keep things in the past she also didn't like peoples angry feeling to fester inside.

"Now wait a minu-" Ryan stood up, not wanting to be blamed for something he had nothing to do "shut up" Kyler ground out, rubbing his teeth together as he dropped into a nearby seat "look it's not that big of a deal what you did, as stupid as you were to do it" he said not excited about them being scare of him anymore and rested his head on his arm. Hilton let out a gasp of hurt at his words, bringing her legs up and wrapping her arms around them in comfort "that was uncalled for" Ryan shouted his eyes now blazing with anger as he watched Hilton's reaction to being called annoying "I called the act stupid, not her, dumbāss" Kyler said, his lips pursed together and even in the darkness everyone could see his grey eyes storming.

"That's enough" it was Ryan's turn to slam his hand and start approaching the brooding male, he started sizing up his sitting form ready to punch him if need be "no it's not, you want to prank me fine" Kyler called out standing up, he was a few inches shorter then Ryan but he held so much more anger in his skinny body "but you start talking shīt about me" he deliberately made a look towards Hilton and her gossipy little group "and I won't care about being offensive."

Kyler stood up and took a step closer despite having to look up to make eye contact, he felt more in charge then anyone in the room "as if your so innocent, you probably talk shit about all of us to your 'only' friend" Ryan hit a nerve. Kyler narrowed his eyes until they were just slits and took a step closer so their chest were touching "if I'd talk shit to someone, I'd do it to their face" he said as calmly as he could, grinding his teeth into fine powder.

"I clearly have more morals then you" Kyler said and turned around quickly, flipping them all off and leaving.

Ryan gave a quick glance at his friends before falling backwards into a chair.

"You okay" Veronica asked Ryan who's face mimicked a guilty one "yeah, I should go check on him though" they all tensed slightly but allowed him to leave, neither of them would throw fists, only words. They have seen Ryan and Kyler both pissed off, enough for a few pranks but they have never gotten into it enough for them to end with bruises- well only once have they got into a full fist fight. But they were in middle school.

Scooping up the books that Kyler had left behind, Ryan ran out after him watching as he nearly tripped in the hallway "Kyler."

Expecting Kyler to stop he only froze at the sound of the voice and then took off, not ready to hear another lecture about how he shouldn't be offended by what Hilton said. He took off running towards the exit of the school, listening to the shouts of Ryan calling after him.

Shoving the doors open and ran, not knowing where, just ran leaving his vehicle behind. He ran until he arrived at a park which was deserted in the middle of the school day, Kyler dropped his head into his hand and bit his lip.

"Your not a fast runner" it was meant as an insult but the humour voice that said it made it seem like it was a joke "so I'm told" Kyler drawled back looking back to find Ryan and his group lounging by the trees "I'm not going to say I'm sorry, that's on you" Kyler said, standing up and grabbing his books.

He walked by Ryan, and then last the group only a few of the males holding a glare and then Kyler once out of sight of them fled from the scene holding his books to his chest, trying to find a sense of relief.