C H A P T E R | F O U R

The next day at school wasn't any better, Mellani was sick and didn't tell him meaning that Kyler had to walk, and be late to school

The next day at school wasn't any better, Mellani was sick and didn't tell him meaning that Kyler had to walk, and be late to school. Arriving was worse, some people in Ryan's friend group went out of their way to tell everyone a rumour about what a wimp he was, and now everyone was avoiding him.

Even in the crowded hallways, the mass of people made sure not to let him hear the whispers as they giggled at him.

"God dāmn it" he hissed under his breath at the group leaning against the lockers surrounding his own. Ryan was wearing a black sweater that had the words 'your a wimp, I am not' it was obviously intentional. None of them were blocking his locker but Kyler could feel the laughter drifting through the air.

Their eyes slowly followed him as they watched Kyler walk up and yank his locker open, letting it bang noisily against another flimsy piece of metal "wimp" Carden shouted loudly as he grinned in joy, a loud mocking laugh came from everyone in the hall, Ryan's was the loudest. It was a actual cackle that came out of him, his head dipped back resting against the locker as his mouth was wide open.

Kyler slammed his books and bag into the locker, going up on his tippy toes to grab his new math book off of the top shelf. A larger hand came out of nowhere and reached over his head, a shadow towering over his body as the said hand grabbed the book Kyler had been reaching for.

"What the fūck" he spun around so quick he almost collided with Ryan's chest who had a shīt eating grin covering his face "I think you owe our Hilton an apology, calling her stupid wasn't nice" his voice was cold as he raised his arm way out of reach even if Kyler jumped.

Eyes skimmed over the crowd until they met Hilton's nervous ones "no, I don't think I do" the grumble was quiet, but everyone heard it including Ryan who yanked his hand holding the math book down over the corner of Kylers locker watching the metal impale the book.

He flinched not seeing the book being collided with the locker, only seeing the large muscly hand come down right next to his face. He heard the loud bang that made him jump and look at the book stuck in the corner of metal and immediately glared.

"Seriously" Kyler grunted and reached up to yank it off "I'm going to destroy all your books unless you apologize"  Ryan said and reached over Kylers body and grabbed his science and English book holding it up over his head.

Standing back on his tippy toes Kyler reached up trying to grab back the books, failing miserably with his shorter height. He would have to pay 20 books to replace every book that was left damaged or lost, and decided to pull back his hand, having enough with all their bullshit and forced it forward, wincing as it collided with Ryan's nose with a crunch.

A loud gasp came from everyone as Ryan's head jerked to the side, blood already dripping out of his nose. Kyler took a step back, shaking as his back came in contact with the locker and watched as Ryan slowly turned his head back to glare at Kyler.

He'd gotten a lot better at throwing a fist since there fight in middle school, at least this one left a mark.

"I- uh" Ryan's hand slammed next to Kylers head, prisoning him between his arm and the locker door, the blood leaking from his nose started dripping off his chin. Kyler flinched at every quiet splatter on the floor and reached his white shirt up, letting the long sleeve wipe away the blood on Ryan's chin, his unwavering glare stayed glued to Kylers face.

"Ryan, dude" Carden said and took a step forwards looking between the shaking smaller boy, who tried curling in on himself and the larger male who was frozen, one hand clenched by his side "take a step back" Hilton spoke hiding behind Carden.

To scared to turn his back to Ryan, Kyler reached his hand behind him into the locker and grabbed a napkin bringing it back out and offering it. Ryan's eyes didn't even flicker from Kylers face, they just stated deeply filled with hatred. Using his only tactics, Kyler moved his head and began mentally pleading with Ryan's friends not used to being stared at by half the schools students.

Carden took a nervous step towards, grabbing Ryan's shoulder snd yanking him back a little, not enough for Kyler to stop being intimidated but enough for him to brush past his chest and sprint down the hallway.

Running down the hallway until the men's bathroom came into a view, turning left he shoved open the red door and slammed it, locking it. Luckily nobody was in the bathroom and he finally released a breath, walking across the bathroom and crouching down to the floor, his head in his hands "oh shīt."