C H A P T E R | F O U R T E E N

The bed was cold and empty when Kyler woke up, Ryan wasn't in it and yet his smell was still in the blanket

The bed was cold and empty when Kyler woke up, Ryan wasn't in it and yet his smell was still in the blanket. He didn't need to get up yet, Mellani had said he was suspended but didn't get the chance to say for how long "so, your friend Ryan" Dylan chirped from the door way a normal look on his face as he didn't cross the threshold into his room "he's a bundle of pleasure" Kyler went white and fell out of the bed, hitting the ground with an oomph.

Dylan didn't say anything just took it as his cue to leave and head to his room, Kyler on his tail trying to get his attention "okay look, I'll explain okay" he said as he entered the room, stumbling back as a fist shot out and caught him on his shoulder. He looked passive as he spread his legs apart and put both his fists up in an attack position, waiting for Kyler to do the same.

Kylers feet weren't far enough apart so when he threw a punch he miss stepped and fell right into Dylan's incoming fist, catching him right in the jaw "ow fūck" he grabbed it and massaged it slightly, throwing a wild fist forward, jumping with joy as it landed on Dylan's cheek bone "not bad Ky" he complimented, cracking his neck.

They both kept throwing their hands at each other, a couple landing it were they wanted, and a couple shaky easily through the air. Kyler let out loud grunts when he attacked Dylan, and Dylan managed to keep silent and quick on his feet "you got to be quiet, I can hear when your going to punch" he said nonchalantly and grabbed Kylers fist holding it and bending it backwards until a small noise of pain shattered off the walls.

"What the actual fūck" Ryan said, looking at the scene of Kylers mouth open wide with pain and Dylan towering and overpowering him with a grinning smile. The bruises on both of their faces already formed, Kylers a bit darker and bigger then the ones on Dylan's.

Kyler made eye contact with his brother before taking a step back, nearly falling at the unbalanced footing and cleared his throat "brothers amiright" he said and clapped Dylan's shoulder noisily getting a pinch on his bare back. Ryan's mouth was agape as he looked around the room, seeing the dried blood cracking on the wall, and the smeared blood covering a couple of the punching bags "this is some twisted shīt" eyes wide and staring, Kyler crouched into himself feeling naked to both of them.

Dylan stood there, smiling wildly while investigating the bruises left on his own face. Ryan stood and stared at the blooming bruises on Kylers face before taking slow steps towards him. Snatching him up in his arms uncomfortable, making Kyler have to hang off of him "what the-" he was going to say but Ryan shushed him and looked at the horrid scene of the blood pooling out of both their noses "this isn't as bad as it looks" Kyler said gently, clutching his hands to his chest and swallowing.

"Oh it isn't" Ryan let out a false laugh before aggressively wiping away the blood, proving his point as Kyler winced at the contact. His arms still holding his frail body, Ryan walked to the bathroom making sure to lock it and dropped Kyler on the counter with both eyebrows raised.

The first aid box was already on the counter from when Kyler had fell down the stairs and Dylan had to help him stitch a cut in his head, forgetting it was still out. It opened with a click and Ryan grabbed out a few cotton balls and rubbing alcohol, opening the cap and dipping it on top so the liquid flooded the cotton "this might hurt" he whispered and closed the distance between them, rubbing some small cuts left by Dylan's knuckles. He didn't flinch and tried to grab the cotton ball to clean up his own face, slowly backing down from a single look and started playing with the stings on his pants.

There was nothing do be done about the bruises, and when Ryan tried to apply some cream Kyler just slapped it away and jumped off the table, getting slammed into the wall while Ryan started cleaning the quickly drying blood "does this happens a lot" he asked and rested his hand around Kylers cheek, gently caressing the bruise painted there.

"We aren't going to do this" Kyler snapped and pushed Ryan's body away, running the sink and splashing some water into his face, cooling down some bruises and there swelling "uh yes we are because I just walked in on a scene that should be reported for child abuse" Ryan said loudly and smacked his palm down on the counter, getting an unimpressed look from Kyler "this has to stay between me and you."

The light flickered, just like Ryan's patience as he started pacing back and forth muttering something under his breath "that is not okay" he finally snapped pointing the the closed door "god dāmn that's assault and child abuse" he mumbled and closed in on Kyler, his arms trapping him in between them "he teaching me to defend myself, and he's not all that bad" Kyler rolled his eyes at the angry reddened face in front of him.

"You've done this before" Ryan exploded, his minty breath flooding Kylers face, part of him felt like shīt because he tortured his school life while he and this going on at home "I asked him to teach me this" Kyler screamed back getting defensive over Ryan blaming his brother "you do this on purpose!"

Ryan took a hasty step back and forced open the door, not looking at either of them and stomped down the stairs, opening and slamming the front door behind him.

"There goes your love life" Dylan joked and grabbed a piece of gauze, holding it over a bleeding cut on his cheek "I don't love him, never will" Kyler scoffed and jumped up onto the counter watching as Dylan began patching himself. He got a sly look from Dylan before he started going into a rant about how Ryan's probably going to call child services, and how Kyler will probably be put into foster care "he can't, I chose to learn how to defend myself" Kyler pouted and began to oppose when Dylan smeared a load of cream on every one of Kylers bruises.