C H A P T E R | N I N E T E E N

The teacher barely looked their way when they re-entered the room, their hair messy and lips slightly bruised

The teacher barely looked their way when they re-entered the room, their hair messy and lips slightly bruised. Kyler sighed in relief and took his spot next to Mellani who's whole attention was shifting from him to Ryan before her eyes twinkled with realization "holy shit" she said loudly snd everyone turned to looks at her.

He turned to look at her, his eyes wide as he noticed what she was looking at and raised his hand to cover her mouth, the teacher looking suspiciously at them "Sorry, we'll be back soon" Kyler said and grabbed onto her arm, yanking her out of the room giving Ryan a sly look as he did.

The door slammed behind them as Mellani pinned him against the wall and shoved her face into his own "please tell me I'm wrong" she asked, but with the grin slowly growing on her face he knew that she knew. Eyes widening even more, he tried to find a way to release the hold she had on him "Kyler!" She shrieked and grabbed the sides of his face pulling him close enough that it would look wierd to any passerby's.

Before she could spew any questions out of her mouth, Ryan burst out of the classroom and looked down the hallway, his eyes meeting Kylers with confusion and then trailed to see and giddy Mellani with her restrictive hands holding him tightly. Ryan shut the door quietly and began to walk towards them, Kyler trying to escape the grip to no avail "what are you doing" Ryan whispered loudly, standing a few feet away. He didn't expect it as a hand left Kylers face and grabbed his ear pulled him towards Mellani "answers, now" she demanded and swatted away a hand trying to release them.

"I-" "He-" Kyler and Ryan said at the same time then turning to glare at each other, Kyler giving a swift kick to his shin before trying again "it's his fault" he blamed the taller boy and shooting away from Mellani's hand, bashing into the wall.

Mellanis eyes switched between the two, taking her hands away from Ryan who rubbed his ear with a scowl on his face "are you two sleeping together" she asked and watched as a blush appeared on Kylers face before she gasped "oh my god" she screamed and began jumping up and down "this is hilarious."

Ryan looked worried, and before Mellani, or Kyler could oppose he grasped onto their wrists amd began to drag them to the entrance of the school "hey, hands off bucko" she said and began slapping at his hand, her skin was pale and you could already see the bruise starting to form.

He didn't realize as he tightened his grip and forced them out of the school, punching at Kylers wrists as he tried to help his friend in her own escape "Ryan! Let go" he screamed and then shouted as he was forced into a familiar truck, Mellani shoved in after him.

Getting in after them Ryan slammed the door and turned with steely eyes to look at them, Kyler opened his mouth to say something but Ryan raised a single finger to silence him and snapped it shut. It didn't work so well on Mellani and Kyler had to grip her lips to keep her from getting angry and shouting, all while massaging the purplish bruise on her wrist.