Chapter 18 - Warning!!

🍁"It's the connection we can't explain" 🍁

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No One's P.O.V.

Dhruv, Naina, Kabir, Jay, Ami and Nia reached the hotel and checked in. They all booked couple's rooms for themselves. Kabir's eyes were at the watch most of the time. He was hoping that Aashi reached safely as well.

"We should get some rest. Karan and the rest of the people will be here soon. Once they'll check in their hotel, he'll notify me. We'll go for our practice session after two hours", Dhruv announced.

"Fine by me", Jay said as he held Nia's hand and walked away to his room.

Kabir looked at Naina. She held his arm and smiled lovingly at him. He gave her a small smile and they both made their way to their room leaving Dhruv and Ami behind. Once in the room, Kabir lay on the bed leaving a deep sigh.

Why am I thinking about her so much?, His heart whispered.

Naina lay next to him and she placed her head over his chest. Kabir was startled at this closeness. He got up and pushed her away gently. She sat down next to him. Holding his hand, she made eye contact with him.

"Kabir, I know this marriage is for namesake for you. But can't I expect a little bit of love from you?", Naina asked.

"You know that I don't think of you that way. You're a good friend of mine. I am sorry Naina. I know that I've some responsibility towards you but I need some time. Also, we're not married yet. Please respect my uneasiness and discomfort", he told her. Naina clenched her jaws.

So many years she's wasted to get Kabir to say yes to marry her. She's taken so many efforts just to make him, her man. And even after engagement, Kabir is making distance from her. She's tried so many ways to get in bed with him. She acted innocent, understanding, caring, and even tried to seduce him but not a single thing acted on him.

What exactly Kabir wants in a girl?, She wonders.

"It's okay. I understand", she said gulping down the taste of rejection. She glanced at her engagement ring. Even this ring couldn't help her tie Kabir's heart.

Kabir unpacked his stuff and left the room to get a coffee for Naina and himself. Naina unpacked her stuff behind in the room. Her heart was heavy. She felt like a loser. She's so close to marry him and become Mrs. Kabir Malhotra but his heart still hasn't accepted her.

Kabir walked out of the hotel and wandered around to find a cafe. He wanted to stay away from Naina. He can't give her the thing she wants. His heart. Kabir has tried many times to let his heart fall for Naina because Naina is a pure soul. No matter how much he forces him, his heart is just blocked off. He couldn't bring himself to love her. You cannot force yourself to love someone else.

Kabir respects Naina a lot. She's way too important for him but he can only have a platonic relationship with her. He's doing wrong to her, he knows it but he can't help it. Adjusting his cap and mask, he was walking on the streets of Mumbai. After some minutes of strolling, he found a cafe at some distance.

What exactly does he want in a girl to fall in love again?, He wonders.

A mild cold breeze hugged him as he made his way to the Cafe Coffee Day. He crossed the road and stopped in front of the glass door. He looked inside and his heart skipped beats.