Chapter 14 - Urgent Talk!!

Aashi's P.O.V.

"This is The India Gate. This is one of the most popular place of Delhi. You can see names of our freedom fighters engraved on the wall. They made us proud", Dhruv said.

"This is so beautiful", Veronica said looking at the India gate in awe. Standing next to her, I looked in front and something inside me melts.

I felt as if I could connect myself to this place. I felt familiar to it. This is the first time I've been to India after losing my memory but the mere thought of being an Indian and feeling proud of looking at India gate made me vulnerable. I felt my eyes tearing up. I took deep breaths. I felt like I'm back home.

Don't make a fool of yourself Aashi.

"Are you okay?", A voice filled with concern echoed in my ears. I looked at him and nodded with a tight smile.

"I'm alright", I said and Kabir just nodded. He looked in front as well.

Veronica took lots and lots of pictures. She was so excited and thrilled to see every single thing. She looked like a kid who has visited Disneyland. I was happy seeing her happy but my heart was aching. It had unbearable pain. No one loves forgetting their identity. I lost one. I've made new memories but the pain of not able to remember my childhood, my parents, my school, my first ever crush, my first ever achievement, the story behind the scars on my body, I didn't remember anything and that hurts. That has caused an emptiness inside my heart which can't be filled ever.

I've to live my entire life with a void of not being able to remember my twenty one year old existence.

Dhruv and Veronica roamed around and I sat down on a bench. Seeing children having a great time with their family, moved me. I missed my parents, I don't even remember. I pity my life. Veronica's mom gave me all the unconditional love but she's not my mother. Varun told me that my family died in the accident and I survived. I wished I would have died as well. How long am I going to keep up with this identity-less life?

"You seem lost", a hand holding a cup of tea came in front of my eyes. I looked up. Kabir was standing holding two cups of tea. I took it from him.

"Thanks", I said and he sat down next to me. His bodyguards were at a safe distance from us. Who will recognise them? Dhruv and Kabir both have caps on their head and masks on their face.

"You can't live a normal life after being a star. Isn't that annoying?", I asked.

"You've to pay the price if you want to do something extravagant", he said and slightly pulled down the mask from his face.

"Someone can recognise you now", I said pointing at his face and he smiled.

"We'll leave then", he said and sipped his tea. I took a sip from my cup as well. I didn't miss the platinum ring in his hand.

He's taken.

"Congratulations on getting engaged", I said looking at him. He didn't respond much. He barely gave me a nod.

"Aren't you happy?", I asked.

"What will you say if I say NO?", He asked and I was at a loss of words. I looked at him with open mouth.