Chapter 15 - Personal assistant!!

🍁"Even If You Manage To Hide Away From My Eyes,
My Heart Can Feel You"~ Aana🍁

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aashi's P.O.V.

"Why are you dragging me like this? I can walk Veronica", I said but her hold on my hand didn't loosen up. She held it even more firmly.

"I can't wait for you to walk taking all the time, Miss. Turtle", she replied and her cold answer spoiled my mood.

"Why are you so pissed?", I asked. She didn't reply.

She stopped right in front of our room. She gave me a glare and said, "The answer for my sour mood is inside. Let's go. Shall we?".

With this much said, she walked inside. I followed. I was surprised to see Varun sitting on the couch. He looked at me and then at Veronica. He stood up. I could see regret in his eyes. A thick tension could be sensed in the air. I felt like escaping but I have no choice. Multiple questions clouded my mind.

Veronica stood between me and Varun. Folding her hands across her chest, she said, "This guy standing in front of you cheated on me".

"What?", Saying I was shocked would be an understatement. I've known Varun for a long time. He can be anything but a not a cheater. This is a lie.

"Veronica, are you sure? Can you listen to yourself?", I asked.

"Of course I'm sure Aashi. Why did we come here? To catch him red-handed. Didn't we?", She asked.

"You're my friend that's why I came with you. It doesn't mean I don't trust Varun", I kept my point.

"Right. I forgot. He's your ex-fiance. Why won't you support him? Bloody Indians", she said and my blood boiled up.

"Don't you dare Veronica. Just because we're friends, it doesn't give you the right to say anything you want. Mind your language", I said.

"Why don't you mind yourself? Ask him about his deed and you'll get your answer. No need to teach me how to talk, missy", she said. It hurts. I've never seen Veronica behaving this badly with me. Tears started forming at the periphery of my eyes.

"Varun. What's the truth?", I asked looking at him. He looked at me with guilt and his silence gave me his answer.

"I never wanted to. Aashi, trust me. I still love Veronica. I can't-", he spoke but Veronica cuts him off.

"Are you happy now? He accepted his crime. Don't raise your voice in front of me again", she said as she pointed her index finger in front of me. I understand her point now. She's sad. She loves Varun so damn much and he cheated on her. Of course, she'll turn bitter. She has all the rights.