Chapter 3 - Coffee Date!!

🍁"Love, she said.
And That Is All"🍁

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kabir's P.O.V.

🎵🎵"I Like Me Better When I'm With You"🎵🎵

My mobile was ringing non-stop for the past ten minutes. I rushed out of my bathroom covering the lower part of my body with the towel and water dripping out of my hair wetting the floor behind me. Picking up another towel and encircling it around my neck, I walked to my mobile. Glancing at my mobile screen, I sighed. Naina was calling me.

Sighing I tapped the green button and placed my mobile on the speaker. "Hello", I said and walked to the mirror whilst drying my hair with my right hand with the towel. I placed my mobile on the dressing table and started getting ready.

"Good morning love", Naina greeted me in a very lovely way. Her voice is soothing. I liked the positive aura she has around her. It's comforting.

"Good morning", I replied. I couldn't manage to bring love, honey or sweetheart kinda endearing words for her. I can't help it. For me, she's just a friend. I don't want to be extra sweet to her because hope is a bi***h and I don't want to give her any false hopes.

"Did you sleep well?", She asked.

"Yep. You?", I asked as I put on my white shirt.

"It's evening here in India. I am on my way back home. I thought to call you and talk to you because then you'll be busy and will not pick up my calls", she said and I just glanced at my mobile screen. I feel bad for taking her for granted but she's the one who is not willing to let go of me. The most relationship I can have with her is as a friend. That's it.

Naina proposed me many times after Aashi's incident. I never agreed. Her parents asked my parents for our marriage and my parents accepted that offer. I didn't reject the proposal but I just took my time. Naina has been like a pillar of strength for me. She's showered me so much love that I couldn't be more thankful for. I've tried many times to like her back, to love her but somewhere deep inside, I still look for the same girl in Naina which I've lost years ago.

My Aashi!!

That innocence of her face, those dreamy eyes and blushed cheeks whenever she feels embarassed always manages to pull me towards her are absent in Naina. I've no right to compare her with Aashi but the heart wants what it wants. I want Aashi because no one else can make sense.

"How was your day?", I asked. I can only have a platonic relationship with Naina, that's it. She knows it too. I don't know why does she want to marry me? I can never give her any love, neither by my heart nor physically.

"Good. As usual hectic. When are you coming back?", She asked. I wore my watch and tucked my shirt inside my pants.

"In a week", I said as I combed my hair.

"Can I ask your purpose of staying back?", She asked.

"I wanted to explore the place", I lied through my teeth.