Chapter 12 - Moon And Stars!!

🍁"And just like moon, we must go through phases of emptiness to feel full again"🍁

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No one's P.O.V.

Kabir glanced at the platinum ring in his ring finger. He left a deep sigh whilst laying on my bed. No matter whatever he feels or wants, he got engaged to Naina. They're bound to each other by this bond. They'rere fiance now. The weight of the ring was quite heavy. It was a burden on his heart. His mind wanders to the girls he met today. Her name was Aashi. What are the odds? He laughed to himself. He was wrong. She has all the rights to lie to him. She's a stranger. He had no right to be mad at her. He himself clung on to her. He must apologise to her. He turned around in his bed and opened his mobile screen.

"I'll delete your picture", he said as he glanced at his and Aashi's only picture he had in his mobile since past many years.

"I need closure from your memories and everything related to you. Else, I'll never move on", he said looking at the picture. He even took out the star pendant in his neck and placed it in front of him.

"I'll remember you from the stars in the sky", he smiled. Placing his mobile next to the pendant, he got up from his bed and walked to the window. He opened the window and let the smooth wind enter inside the room. The atmosphere outside was calm and soothing.

Kabir heard a knock on his door. The knock was so soft that he doubted whether someone knocked or was it just his hallucination. He glanced at the wall clock. It was fifteen minutes past midnight. When he again heard a knock, it was confirmed that there is someone for sure. He walked to open the door and his jaw touched the floor to see someone unexpected standing outside his room.

"Hey", Veronica greeted him. She had two coffee cups in her hands. She was in her PJ's. Kabir couldn't believe his eyes. He can at least tell the difference between Veronica and Aashi, all thanks to the numbers of tattoo Veronica has.

"What are you doing here?", Kabir asked. The slap Veronica gifted him early in the day flashed across his mind and ruined his mind.

"I am here to apologise to you for my behaviour today. I've bought coffee for you as a token of my apology", she said. Kabir raised his eyebrows. What's wrong with her? Why is she so sweet?

"You brought coffee at this time! How can I believe that this coffee is not poisoned?", Kabir asked and Veronica rolled her eyes. This guy is seriously unbearable.

"I can try both cups if you want. Can you please give me your ten minutes?", She asked as politely as she could. She reminded herself that she's doing all this for Aashi.

"Fine. Come inside", Kabir said as he steps aside.

"Thank you", Veronica said as she walked inside. She did a quick inspection of the room. Her eyes landed on the mobile screen which was still on and the pendant placed next to the mobile. Her steps made her to the mobile. Her eyes widened to see the girl like Aashi standing next to Kabir.

Kabir quickly ran and picked up his mobile. He closed the screen and gave Veronica a dirty look. "Don't you have manners?", He asked and she pouted.