Chapter 23 - Closure!!

🍁"He Stole The Day dreamer's heart with a handful of clouds"🍁

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aashi's P.O.V.

I was restless. Last night I couldn't sleep properly. Standing next to my window, I'm staring outside to the infinity. I'm looking aimlessly at the streets, the trees, the large electric poles where birds were settled so peacefully. There's something in the air of this place. My heart is heavy. I'm feeling overwhelmed. Have I been here before? Why am I vulnerable for no reason? My throat is feeling stuffy.

Taking a few deep breaths, I decided to go for a walk. Looking at my mobile screen, I shook my head. It's only fifteen past five in the morning. Plugging my earphones, I played Ed Sheeran and walked out of my room.

I felt at ease when cold crisp wind touched my face as soon as I walked out of the hotel. I inhaled the fragrance of grasses and flowers. I could smell the beautiful fragrance of wet mud. The gardener was watering the plants. I felt less anxious now. Nature has such a healing power within itself.

I roamed around the hotel here and there. A few shops were opening and many were still closed. The newspaper vendor was paddling his bicycle whilst taking stops at shops and throwing the paper inside. Sweepers were cleaning the roads. I could hear prayers chanting in a nearby temple. My eyes caught a tea stall and I made my way there.

I asked for a cup of tea. The owner asked me to sit on a wooden bench and wait. I stopped playing music on my mobile as old 70's Kishore Kumar song was playing on the radio at his shop. A smile played its way on my lips. The song 'Pyaar Deewana Hota Hai', was playing. It's one of my favourites. You don't get to hear Bollywood songs in Newyork at a tea stall. This was one blissful moment for me.

I carefully observed him making tea. He placed the pan on the stove, added tea leaves and ginger. He added some Holy basil and then milk. The fragrance of tea leaves instantly lifted my mood. People who love tea are my kinda people. I waited for the tea to be made and simply closed my eyes enjoying the stillness, the beautiful song, and the aroma of tea.

This is heaven.

"Please make one tea for me as well", I heard a familiar voice. Opening my eyes, I saw a handsome face sitting right in front of me. Kabir passed me a smile as he wiped his face with the towel around his neck.

"Good morning", he said and my heart just acted unnaturally.

Now, this morning is perfect, my heart whispered.

"Good morning", I replied. Judging by his looks, I reckoned he's coming from a run. He's such a fitness concious. I couldn't even move a limb for a workout but I can walk a mile to get my favourite ice cream. Veronica used to force me to exercise. I miss her.

"Haven't you slept?", Kabir asked as he looked into my eyes.

"I take time adjusting to a new place", I replied. He simply nodded. The owner walked with two glasses and passed them to us. I thanked him and drank the tea quietly. Kabir did the same.

"I didn't like this place at all", he said and then he sealed his lips with his glass.

I like this place, I thought.