Chapter 27 - Unbosom The Truth!!

🍁"I'll Never Be That Me Again"🍁

***************************

Aashi's P.O.V.

I woke up with a pain in my head. I winced in annoyance. Scrunching my nose, I shut my eyes again. Someone switch off the lights, I mentally prayed.

"Take the medicine", a familiar sound echoed in my ears. I opened my one eye and saw Veronica standing right in front of me. Am I hallucinating?

"Veronica", I said looking at her in awe. I never thought I'd see her again this soon. She's is in India!! She kept a pill in my hand and forwarded a glass of water towards me. I quietly took the medicine and let the pain subside. I lay down again and slept. Maybe I'm dreaming. How can Veronica be here?

I again woke up for the second time. Dhruv was sitting in front of me on the chair. He got up and supported me to sit down. I rested my back on the head side of the bed. Did I imagine Dhruv to be Veronica?

"Hey, aashi. How are you feeling?", He asked. I noticed the side of my bed was wet. Even my top was a bit wet. Did someone throw water on me? Was I in that deep slumber?

"A bit dizzy", I replied and then my mind started working. I was in the cafe with Naina. How did I end up in my bed? What's happening?

"What am I doing here? Where is Naina?", I asked. Dhruv's eyes held pity for me.

"She's in this hotel room but soon, I'll book her a room in hell", a very fuming Veronica walked inside the room. My eyes widened. Is this real? I wasn't hallucinating. Veronica is standing right in front of me. My eyes welled up. The feeling of home, I feel with this beautiful friend of mine, I cannot find anywhere.

I started crying and extended my arms forward. Veronica hugged me and I let my pain fade away in her arms. She's my sister. My soulmate. Yes, friends can be soulmates too. We're not related by blood but this bond is forever and I mean it.

"Don't cry, my baby girl. I'll protect you. I adopted you after all", she mocked and I couldn't help but giggle in between my tears.

When I composed myself back , I saw Dhruv staring at me with amusement. He was looking at me with emotions I couldn't understand. He looked like he was seeing me for the first time. He had a look of pain on his face.

"What's wrong?", I asked.

"Nothing. I just missed you", he said shrugging his shoulder and I raised my eyebrows. Why did he say that? I looked at Veronica. She was nodding to his comment as if she understood him.

Am I missing something?

"Care to enlighten. What am I being unknown to?", I asked.

"A lot of things. Aashi, I need you to listen to me patiently and calmly. Whatever I'm going to tell you will blow your mind and you might start having an identity crisis. But the truth needs to be unfolded", Veronica said. I started at her confused. I spared a glance at Dhruv and he too had a serious expression on his face.

"Okay", I simply replied.

Then for the next two hours, I took in some unexpected information that was hard to digest. Neither I could swallow it nor could I vomit it out. Blankly, I kept looking at both of them without blinking.