Chapter 21 - Strangers!!

🍁"I Fell In Love With A World
Through Her Eyes"🍁

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aashi's P.O.V.

"Thanks for helping me two times in a row", I said as I handed the helmet to Rohan. He nodded.

"I helped you because my boss asked me to. Don't fall for me so soon", he said. My heart flipped inside at the mention of his name.

"I am just being grateful. That's it", I said. Kabir's name is enough for me to have weird feelings. I understand I developed a crush for him but it's been so long. Why am I unable to take him off my mind?

"Do you know Kabir sir? Have you guys met before?", Rohan asked.

"We've met a couple of times", I told him and he nodded.

"That explains his concern. Let's go inside", Rohan said and I nodded. 

We both walked inside the restaurant. I found the group sitting at a large table. They joined two tables and huddled around it. Niharika spotted me first and she waved her hand at me. I smiled back at her. Rohan and I picked up one seat and joined the group. I sat next to Dhruv and Rohan sat next to Kabir. We both were sitting at the extremes of the table. I couldn't see Kabir as he was sitting on the same side as me with three to four people between us.

Maybe it's good if I don't see him. He's engaged for crying out loud.

"I'm so happy that you came", Nia said and I smiled. Dhruv passed me the menu and smiled. Jay gave me a look and then he looked away. Except for my boss, everyone in this group is kind.

I observed everyone one by one and came to the conclusion that excluding me this group is a collection of beautiful faces. Nia, Naina, and Amrita are too gorgeous to explain in words and don't get me start on how handsome the boys are. I am one of the least attractive person in this group. 

I am like a shield to the beautiful faces, I thought.

I laughed at my thought. I'm giving myself way too much credit. Adjusting my spectacles, I just ordered something. Varun has taken me to a lot of Indian restaurants when we're in New York. I'm familiar with Indian dishes, language and many other kinds of stuff. I just lost my identity rest all I've learnt in these past years.

"Aashi, that's your name, right?", Naina said catching my attention.

"Yes", I replied.

"Tell me something about you", she said as she picked up the wine glass and flashed her engagement ring towards me.

"What should I tell?", I asked. I was feeling insecure in front of her.

"Why? Don't you know how to introduce yourself? Dhruv, did you even take her interview before hiring her?", Naina asked. I stole glances from her. This is humiliating.

"I have asked her enough questions related to work. I don't ask her about her private life because that wasn't needed", Dhruv replied. He glanced at me and passed me an assuring smile.

Can I get someone like him for me?

"Where are you from?", Amrita asked. I liked her vibe. It's friendly and welcoming. Dhruv and Amrita are kind people.