Chapter 8 - Going India!!

🍁"Because I Could Watch You For One Minute And Found A Thousands Reasons To Love You"🍁

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aashi's P.O.V.

Adding the ginger tea to two cups, I placed the cups on a tray and picking up some snacks, I walked out of the kitchen. Placing the tray on the table, I glanced at the anxious girl sitting in front of me. She was biting her nails like anything. Her tensed state troubled me.

"F**k", she swore and I shook my head. Why does Veronica swear so much? She's such a spoilt brat, I tell you. I sat in front of her on other couch and placed the tray on the table in between.

"Will you start talking?", I asked as I forwarded the cup of tea towards her. She holds it and has a sip quietly. A constant frown was stuck on her forehead. She was oddly quiet.

The moment, I walked inside the house, Veronica asked me to make my special ginger tea for her. She's a coffee lover and the only time she asks me to make tea is when she's stressed out or unable to find a solution to something. I didn't question her and started making tea but now I wanna know what's wrong with her? I'm worried about her.

"Am I not beautiful?", She asked looking at me. Her eyes were glistening. Okay. This is serious. Veronica never cries. Her emotions were painful and my heart shook to the core to see her this vulnerable. I got up from my seat and sat next to her.

"What are you talking? What happened? Just tell me. You're freaking me out", I said holding her hand.

"Aashi I guess Varun is cheating on me", she said. My eyes widened.

"What? That's impossible. You know Varun, I know Varun. He's not the cheater types", I defended him. It doesn't matter if I couldn't love him back despite the fact that he was my fiance once, I know for the facts that he's a gentleman. Varun can never ever cheat.

"But he's cheating on me Aashi. I'm not lying. I've heard him talking to a girl", she said. I don't want to agree with her. My heart is in denial. But I want to hear the whole story before taking sides.

"How can you be so sure? What did you hear? Just tell me in detail", I demanded.

Taking a deep sigh and another sip of her chai, she blinked her eyes several times. She said, "Last night around midnight, I woke up because I feel thirsty. I saw Varun absent from the side. I picked up the jar of water and it was empty so I walked to the kitchen. Whilst I was here, I heard his voice. It was coming from outside. I quietly walked to the door and heard his conversation".

"What was he saying?", I asked getting jittery.

"He was saying that some girl matters the most to him. And he also promised her that he will visit India to meet her soon", she said. I had an unsettling feeling inside my stomach.

"Ok. So we don't know who that girl was, right? She can be his mother or sister. We both know he has issues with his dad. Maybe, his mom is missing him", I said.

"No. Earlier I also thought the same but today early morning when he was in the shower, his mobile beeped with a meeting notification. It was from a girl named, "Naina". We both know neither his mom nor his sister has this name. She texted him saying that she will wait for him to come and she's dying to see him. He has someone else in his life and she's from India. He's cheating on me internationally", she said and I left a deep sigh. This is huge.