Chapter 28 - Exposed!!

🍁"You can't avoid the wave,
You can learn to surf" 🍁

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No one's P.O.V.

"I need a lawyer. You can't just arrest me", Naina resisted.

"Do call your lawyer at the police station. Now please cooperate ", said the officer. A lady officer tried to handcuff Naina but she resisted again.

"I'll walk with you. Keep that thing away from my hand", Naina said in a stern voice. Her eyebrows scrunched up in stress.

"Can I call my friends?", she asked as she exited the room.

"Later", the officer said and confiscated her mobile phone. Her eyes were roaming everywhere. She was trying to find one familiar face in that hotel but her luck was against her.

Kabir, I need you badly. Please show up, she mentally prayed.

As soon as she stepped out of the hotel, she found Aashi standing right in front of the police van. As soon as their eyes met, Aashi said, "It's payback time, Naina".

"What? What do you mean?", Naina asked feigning innocence.

"You know exactly what I meant. But if you want to play the game then be my guest. Let's go to the station. You'll understand everything", saying so, Aashi walked away and Naina was forced to sit in the police van.

The entire route from the hotel to the police station, Naina's heart was beating rapidly. Deep down she could feel as if her secret had been revealed. She was afraid of the consequences. She can't fail when she's so close to her win. Digging her perfectly manicured nails in her palm, she was reminding herself of all the plans she had performed only to make Kabir hers.

I cannot lose now. I won't be able to take this well, her heart whispered.

**********************

It's been fifteen minutes since Naina has been sitting in the police station on one of the benches. She called Kabir and Dhruv but no one picked up her call. She only remembered their number. Lastly, after multiple requests, the officer allowed her one more call and she called her father. Her father is a person in power. He promised to arrange a lawyer and now she was waiting for one.

"Long time, no see", a pair of footwear greeted her eyes and a familiar voice echoed in her ears. She looked up straightening her back from the crouched position and her eyes widened. Varun was standing in front of her. She felt as if someone had pulled the floor beneath her.

"What are you doing here?", Naina asked looking at him in disbelief.

"He is here to surrender for his crime. Hi, I'm Veronica. I know you know me", a lookalike of Aashi walked past Varun and stood next to him. She had a sly smile on her face. Naina clenched her jaws.

"You! What are you doing here? Didn't you tell me that you hate Aashi", Naina said in utter shock. She felt betrayed.

"That was a plan to bring out the real face of yours", Veronica said.

It didn't take much time for Naina to put two and two together. Varun is here to expose her. Aashi must have been educated about the truth. Or did she regain her memory back? A train of questions started running in Naina's mind. The top most question was,

'Did they tell everything to Kabir?'

"Why am I here?", Naina questioned.

"You've supported him in his crime. That's why", Veronica said.