Chapter 7 - Sun and Moon!!

🍁"I Only Told The Moon About You!!"🍁

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aashi's P.O.V.

Holding the moon pendant in my neck for the nth time, I again glanced at the wall clock. It was five past thirty in the evening. Only thirty minutes are left and my shift will be over. For odd reasons, I'm taking efforts in getting ready in the morning for past two days. For unexplainable manner, I'm making sure I look presentable and before leaving the store, I did a touchup. Two days. Two whole days have passed and there's no sign of Kabir. I waited patiently and then impatiently for him but he didn't show up. Veronica came with me the next day of my coffee date with Kabir and ended up meeting with disappointment. I don't know why am I waiting for him? He didn't promise me to show up.

It's third day and I'm hoping to see him. Ignoring all the facts that he's someone I shouldn't have hopes from, I'm still having this teeny tiny hope from him. Why am I expecting something from a stranger? I didn't ask him for another meeting. He asked me to meet him but he's not coming. Why am I bothered? Why my heart is so restless? Veronica called me twice today asking if Kabir showed up. Both times I denied to her and to my heart.

Was I expecting so soon? Is Kabir not worth my time? He's a temporary person in my life. Why do I want to meet him? It's Sunday tomorrow and I remember he'll leave the country on Monday. He'll go back to his home. I laughed at myself. In so many years, I finally liked some guy. I started hoping to have a thing with someone I don't know. Isn't this how love is? Unexplained, unexpected and uneasy. But I don't love him. Like, may be! Again, how can a random guy become so favourite of my heart in just two meetings?

As soon as clock strikes six, I left a deep sigh. Kabir didn't show up. I've an off tomorrow. Did I tell him? May be he came tomorrow to see me. Keeping the books back in the shelf, I walked to the owner. She'll open the store tomorrow for a few hours for sure. She never takes leave. I smiled at her as I stood next to her.

"Reach home safely and call me, ok", she said. I smiled. I love Mrs. D'Cruz. She treats me like her own child. I find a motherly figure in her.

"I'll. But I'm expecting to see a friend. If he came looking for me, can you give him my number?", I asked and her eyes shined.

"A friend! That too a boy. Can I be happy at the thought that you finally find a guy?", She asked being all excited all of a sudden. Did I mention Mrs. D'Cruz and Veronica go along with very well?

They both have a lot of age gap but they both matches at immaturity level. They do mischief together. Mrs. D'Cruz forgets her discipline and rules when she's with Veronica. That's the talent of my girl. She makes you so comfortable that you're bound to act childish in front of her.

"No. He's just a friend. I'm leaving now", I said but the smile on her face told me another story. I'm hundred percent sure, the moment, I'll step out of store. She'll call Veronica and will enquire about details.