Chapter 19 - Helping Aashi!!

🍁"Every heart sings a song incomplete until and unless other heart whispers it back" ~ Aana 🍁

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kabir's P.O.V.

"Let's start from the middle paragraph again. I'm not getting the tunes properly", Jay said as he adjusted the mic near his guitar. 

"Okay", Dhruv said as he started playing his guitar. Jay and Dhruv gave the tunes. I sang my part as I played my tunes to match with theirs. 

Our director was observing our rehearsal. It has been thirty minutes since we're practicing. Jay seems distracted most of the time. We've to repeat our songs many a time today thanks to him.

"Wait. You guys are so out of tune today. Are you tired? Do you need rest?", Said, Stacey. Our team's director, producer, and manager all at once. Stacey is such a professional freak that we get scolded by her for being unproductive many times. 

She's strict but the best.

"I need coffee", Jay said as he placed his guitar on the stand and walked out of the room.

"What's wrong with him?" Dhruv asked me. I shrugged my shoulders.

"I don't know", I said. We both also took a break and walked out of the rehearsal room.

I spotted Jay standing in front of Aashi. He was yelling at her. She looked intimidated. Dhruv and I ran to them. I opened my mouth to speak in favour of Aashi. I wanted to ask Jay to behave but the promise I made to him came back and bite me. I shut my mouth again.

I promise I'll never leave Naina, I promised him that day.

"What do you mean that you can't find the coffee I want? Is this how you're supposed to work? I can't stand this unprofessional behavior. Didn't I give you my schedule before? What were you doing? Sleeping? Go and search for every single cafe in Mumbai but get me my damn coffee in the next thirty minutes if you want to keep this job. DO YOU GET THAT!", He looked pissed. Aashi's eyes were teary as she looked down at her feet.

"Yes sir", she said with a puckered chin. I clenched my jaw. This is not how you talk to a girl.

"Jay, behave", Dhruv said.

"Don't interfere in my business", Jay spoke to Dhruv but he looked at me. I glared at him.

I didn't speak for his sake but he's taking disadvantage of this. He can not treat her like that. Periodt.

Aashi turned around on her heels and walked away. I saw her wiping her face with the back of her hand. Something inside me broke. I held Jay's hand and made him look at me.

"She's a human. Treat her like one", I said.

"I've been like this to my every other assistant. You never complained before. Why are you so concerned about her?", He replied.

"Because we're not as cruel as you", Dhruv commented.

"I don't care about your opinions. I don't want this girl near our group. I'll make sure she leaves this job by herself", saying so, Jay walked away.