Chapter 17 - The Assistant!!

🍁"I Just Need You And Some Sunset" 🍁

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aashi's P.O.V.

Standing at the Delhi airport, I was waiting for my boss Mr. Jay and his team. I had coffee in my one hand. I sat on a bench and sipped my coffee whilst my eyes were wandering at the almost empty airport. My external surrounding was quite and calm but my inner surrounding was a mess. It was preoccupied by Veronica. I glanced at my mobile screen. Should I call her? Do I have the right to text her? Does she want to hear from me now? Should I give her some space? But I'm missing her. I'm suffering the aftermath of Varun's bad karma. Why do I have to be related to him anyways. I lost a beautiful friend of mine. Veronica is my family, she's my soul sister. Tears brimmed up my eyes because I missed her so much. If she'd been here, she'd have given a nice comeback to Jay for his rules list he rubbed over my face.

Such an arrogant stupid man he's.

"Excuse me. Are you Aashi Sharma?", A very soft voice brought me back my trance and I looked up. A five feet seven inch man was staring right at me. He has wheatish complexion, black eyes and had a cap over his head. His overall attire was quite fashionable but the polite smile over his face was very welcoming. His vibe was very friendly.

"Yes. That's me. And you?", I asked.

He sat next to me and said, "Hey. I'm Karan Singh. I'm personal assistant of Mr. Kabir. Dhruv sir told me about you and asked me to accompany you".

"Where are they?", I asked.

"They left with their girlfriends for Mumbai already. They've private jets. They're stars and not common people like us", Karan said.

"Oh. No one informed me", I replied. I felt rejected all of a sudden.

"I'm sorry I forgot to ask for your number. I was assigned the task to inform you. Please don't mind", Karan said and I nodded.

"It's okay. I have no hard feelings", I said.

"One more person will come and then we'll leave. I've tickets for three of us", he said.

"Who is coming?", I asked.

"Rohan is coming. He's Dhruv's assistant", Karan said and I simply nodded.

He and I talked a little bit. I didn't speak much about myself. He didn't ask as well. I get to know that Karan is doing his post graduation and because of financial needs, he's doing this job as well. He's a few years younger than me. He's a bit soft spoken and calm guy. For his age, he's way too mature. I guess when life happens, you've no option left than to grow up and take the responsibility. I developed a soft spot for him. I felt as if he's a younger brother and I should just protect him.

After some time, Rohan walked in. He's a bit taller and more attractive than Karan. Rohan and I are of same age. But he's opposite of Karan. He's a short tempered guy. He doesn't talk much. He's a person with few words. These details were given to me by Karan before Rohan came.

"Why didn't you text me earlier? Are you stupid?", Rohan greeted Karan with such angry words.

He was standing with his 'I don't give a damn' aura in front of us. The pointed eyebrows of his were arches upwards. He was looking handsome even when he's angry. But his mouth lacks filters.