꧂ Chapter 18

Yeona's POV

The reason why I started writing to note guy is because I wanted to know what his interesting story about the bus station is. Since then, I was hoping that maybe he might be Huijun and, maybe Huijun didn't forget about me.

But note guy became very interesting to write with, to the point that I actually forgot why I even started. He had been a friend, a sanctuary who allowed me to be whoever I wanted to be. I became confident in the letters. I wrote what I think without worrying what the other party's reaction might be.

Now that I know who he is, I finally got my answer. Therefore, there's no point on continuing this.

I allowed my hand to reach under the desk for the last time that Friday and unfolded the little piece of paper just like how I did dozens of times. But what I saw was my own hand writing staring back at me with the drawing of the two little penguins that I included yesterday.

My hand immediately went back under the desk but I found nothing else. My mind went blank for a moment. He didn't reply.

Various thoughts swarm in my head. Is he upset I didn't meet him yesterday? Is there something wrong with my last letter? I reread it and realized that it has to be because I told him I think I already know he is. On top of that, I didn't show up when he nicely asked me to.

I wrote the words "I'm sorry." beneath my last note and returned it back to its rightful place. There isn't really anything more to write.

I dreaded going to the cafeteria after that. I considered texting Seungmin to go eat with me again at one of the picnic tables outside, but then I have to come up with an excuse why. So I just took a deep breath and went to our usual table.

I was surprised to see Eunchae and Huijun sitting together, and are obviously in their own little world again. They were giggling so close to each other that it seems like they haven't even been in a fight for an entire week.

"So you guys finally made up." I said as I sat down across from them. "No wonder you aren't with us to walk to school this morning. Making up for the lost time?"

Huijun stretched one arm on Eunchae's backrest and both of them are smiling from ear to ear. "You could say that." He said. "And it's thanks to you."

"Me?"

"You told him to persistently try to talk to me instead of giving me space." Eunchae shrugged. "And it worked."

"Guess I can be your official counselor, then."

"Yes, please!" Eunchae said.

Huijun made a small laugh and stood up. "I'll go get some food now." He patted my head as he walked by and I will myself not to blush. He looks so happy. Too happy that maybe he just didn't have the spare energy to write a reply to another girl. Or maybe he also realized how wrong the notes are so he just decided to stop. But he could've written that. I could've understood.

"So." Eunchae said, still all smiles. "He's gonna introduce me to his parents tomorrow."

"What?"

"Yeah! I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I literally don't know what to do."

"Isn't it too sudden? I mean, how did it even get to that?" I asked but I was already smiling too. I'm happy for her. I really am.

"He asked them if they could move their dinner tomorrow instead of next Saturday and if he could bring me too. And they said yes." I couldn't even begin to explain how happy she is while telling me this piece of information.