꧂ Chapter 32

Yeona's POV

This is the worst day ever. I had to sit on the bus with this classmate who talked nonstop for half the ride and spent the other half almost drooling on me in her sleep.

Also, I wandered around alone for one whole hour when they gave us free time right after we arrived because Seungmin wouldn't talk to me. On top of that, they put me in the biggest bedroom with five of my loudest classmates. They were the same ones who asked me for Minjae's number last school year. I never got comfortable with them, especially right after he talked to me that day.

At lunch, I sat with the other girls. I didn't interact much with them. It's the same old girl talks with occasional mentions of art projects. But when they mentioned Minjae, I immediately tuned in to their conversation. They've been questioning his choice of subject for the school mural this year. I haven't seen it yet. Well, I had almost forgotten about it. Seungmin never dragged me to see it for some reason. I waited for them to say some details on how disappointing exactly the painting is because I doubt it's that bad. I mean it's Song Minjae's work, after all. But they'd quickly moved on to talking about how Minjae's character changed.

"That's why I like Seungmin better. He's fun and straightforward." My classmate named Kang Seulha said. I never met her before this year and we haven't really talked except for school-related stuff, and when she says hi whenever she goes to Seungmin's seat to ask for something which is a gazillion times a day. It annoys me sometimes but it's not like I can tell her to stop especially when everybody adores her. She's shorter than me and obviously on the cuter side. She's also nice. Hence, someone who they'd want to protect.

"All you talk about is Seungmin." One of them said. "Just tell him you like him already. I'm sure he likes you back."

That isn't really a secret. All the girls already know, including me. But when Seulha's eyes met mine, her facial features turned from calm to horrified. They all just remembered that I was sitting there with them at the far-end corner of the long table.

"Oh, don't worry. I don't tell him stuff like this." I said in an attempt to assure all of them.

"Really?" Seulha said with her slightly high-pitched voice. "Because I think he won't talk to me again if he knows."

I shook my head. "No, really. I won't tell."

Her grateful smile indicated she trusts me with this. I doubt Seungmin would even care. I mean, he doesn't seem interested because all he's worried about is his relationship with Minjae and Huijun. He doesn't even care much about school.

I immediately left once I finished my food and, once again, I have nowhere to go. I saw Seungmin spending his time running errands for Ms. Wang and the other teachers, and didn't care to look when he passed by me in the hall. What the hell is even happening? I can't tell if he's angry. I didn't even do anything wrong as far as I know.

Minjae is with the other guys. After he changed seats on the bus, he didn't go to Seungmin as I'd expected. I hadn't seen them together since and I'm beginning to think it's quite odd. I couldn't ask them what happened because I'd want myself to be as far away from Minjae as possible. I don't want him to say things I don't want to hear.

The afternoon activities were more like torture to me. We attended a one-hour talk about how we can improve our art, and use our surroundings as inspiration. They basically just wanted to motivate us before they made us do beach activities and treat everything as a possible stimulant for our arts. It doesn't work for me, though. I prefer just watching and sightseeing. But, of course, nothing goes my way this day because they made me play all sorts of games and even dragged me to snorkel with a small group of students that by dinnertime, I was awfully exhausted.