꧂ Chapter 0.5

A/N: This chapter is the same story as in my One-shots book, One Day - Part II.
~•~•~•~•~•~

Chapter 0.5
"Are you sure he goes to our school?" My best friend Eunchae asked. It's been a week and we haven't found him anywhere.

"I was sure of it!" I answered. "He was wearing our school uniform." Is he? I began doubting myself about that. We searched everywhere and we were in the lookout every time for a whole week but I still haven't seen him.

It's too awkward to ask other people about him because how am I supposed to say that I'm looking for a handsome guy I saw on a bus?

I sighed.

"Hey," Eunchae said, empathetically. "Don't worry, you'll find him."

"Am I being weird?" I asked, suddenly realizing what I was doing. Was I just overreacting for some stranger I randomly saw?

"No!" She exclaimed. "Of course not. If you felt a connection, that's not weird. You're actually brave enough to seek for him. I wish I'll feel something like that too."

"Thanks." I smiled but I don't know anymore, I feel so pathetic. If there was also a connection from his side then shouldn't he be looking for me too?

That afternoon, I was rushing out the school because I was late for cram school. I looked at my watch. If I can't take the next bus I will be really late. I can't be late because today's our presentation.

I reached the bus station and thank goodness there aren't any people. The bus will arrive in a couple of minutes. I look around the streets and it's unusually deserted except for the cars passing by.

Bus stations. I've been nonchalantly going to and from bus stations almost every day of my life but since that day, a week ago, it feels different. My heart race when there are a lot of people and I feel so excited every time a bus arrives.

I was hoping to see him, even just for a glimpse and a hint of recognition in his eyes. That would do. That way I wouldn't feel so stupid.

A person walking at the other side of the road caught my attention. He was wearing casual clothes, not school uniform so it didn't get my hopes up. But he was looking at me, too. When he reached the end of the crosswalk, recognition struck me. It was him!

By the look on his face, he seemed to recognize me as well. He looked at the pedestrian signal and so did I. 60 seconds, it says. In 60 seconds, we would finally meet. I was getting excited and nervous at the same time. What should I say? How are we supposed to start a conversation?

And then, as if the world is so against us, my bus beeped as it turned from the corner of the road. When it reached the stop, I turned to him again. 40 seconds. The bus door hissed open in front of me and I didn't move. 35 seconds. I looked frantically at my watch. If I don't get on this one, the next bus will arrive in thirty minutes. I can't wait that long and also, I will be the second to present at cram school. I was really looking forward to show them my art that I worked on for an entire month. 30 seconds.

"Student," the bus driver said. "Aren't you going in?"

"Ah," I mumbled. I looked at the guy again. He was fidgeting as he watched the numbers switch. 15 seconds. What should I do? I was losing my mind from thinking. When I locked eyes with him, I gave him an apologetic look and I saw disappointment in his eyes.

I entered the bus and the door hissed closed. The engine rumbled louder. He was shaking his head. 5 seconds. The bus moved forward. 3.. 2.. 1.. He ran across the street but the bus is already running out of his reach. I watched him standing at the bus station where I was a few seconds ago.

Regret swarm in my head. I will see him again, right? I hope so. I don't know if my cram school is good or bad. Thanks to it, I was able to see him the first time but because of it, we lost the chance to actually meet. But he recognized me. Right now, I think that's good enough. I believe fate would let us see each other again.