꧂ Chapter 7

Yeona's POV

My classroom is so far away from Seongjun's and Eunchae's. Now I can't go to any of them on short breaks if this whole new environment thing gets overwhelming. I really should stop depending on them.

Also, apparently, Huijun and Eunchae aren't in the same class. Don't know what to think about that. To top it all up, Huijun's room is next to mine. So we walk to one side of the school building together while my two best friends walk to the other. There's this silence again. I don't think I'll ever get used to it.

When we reached his classroom, Huijun said, "Here I am. See you around, Yeona." I nod and he smiles. I smile back and he went inside.

In the next room, there was someone blocking the door. "Excuse me." I said.

When he turn around, I see a familiar face. His face brightens smugly at the sight of me. "Yeona! I didn't know you'd actually get into this school."

I roll my eyes. Can this day get any worse? "What do you even know, Song Minjae?" I try to walk past him but he stood unbudgingly in front of the door.

"So this is your room?" He asked.

"Isn't it obvious?" I said. "Now go get lost, I wanna sit down!"

"Woah there, chill. You act like we aren't old pals."

Pals? Song Minjae and I are nowhere near pals. It's quite the opposite, really. We hate each other. It all started a year ago when he transferred to our middle school. Everybody wanted to be friends with him because he's cool and fun and whatever. Nobody seem to see that they are all wrapped around his little fingers as they do whatever he wants. He likes the attention. Loves it, even.

Everyone see him as an angel. But I know better. He likes to have fun the way others don't and the worst thing he does is he gives other people nicknames. Some of them likes it but I don't. He dubbed me "The Drawer". And it's not just because I draw every moment I can get, but also because I have everything people need. Like when my classmates need tissue paper, I have it. When they need paper clips, hair clips, extra pen...you name it and I can lend it all to them.

The nickname has sense in it but some people found it really funny and even make fun of me. They called me by different brands of furniture at one point. I hated the unwanted attention and I dealt with it for an entire school year. All because of Song Minjae.

"We aren't old pals." I said sternly.

"Fine, we aren't." He said. "Not that I wanted to be pals with you anyway."

"What do you want? Why are you even here?" I asked. Then, I realized something. "You're not...Are you in..?"

"This class?" He pointed to the door. "No. Why? You want me to be in the same class as you?"

"No!" I exclaimed. But I was relieved. "Who wants to be in the same class as you?"

"Everybody does." He said smugly.

"Not everybody knows you here, dumbass."

"Oh, trust me, they will."

I let out an irritated sigh and pushed past him to the classroom.

"See you later, Drawer!" He called out.