꧂ Chapter 19

Yeona's POV

There was still no note on Monday.

Nor on Tuesday.

And Wednesday.

Every time I pulled out the piece of paper from the desk, I am almost sure he replied. But I kept seeing the last letter I've written to him with no signs that he'd already read it. At this point, I'm ready to give up and I know I have to write a bit of parting words so he would know I won't be writing anymore. He didn't give me that satisfaction and it's really disappointing, but I won't be doing the same to him just in case.

Hi. I just want to tell you that it's not cool leaving me hanging for days. Something must've happened and I hope you're okay. Whatever your problems are, I hope you've already resolved them. I'm sorry again for not meeting you that day. Maybe it's better this way.
Well, this is it, I guess. This will be my last letter and I just want to say thank you for making Math class a lot better than it could've been. I promise I'll take care of this little guy (>)... Bye.

It's not the best words I've written and I'm quite sure he still won't reply after reading it. I needed to distance myself and move on.

Still, I couldn't help taking a peek on the note again on Thursday and on Friday but, of course, I only saw my last letter.

I tried to focus on other things. We've been preparing for Eunchae's birthday tomorrow. She knows we're throwing her a party but she didn't involve herself in the preparation because she still wanted some parts of it to be a surprise. She told us she invited a few of her classmates and that got me thinking about who I should bring. Everybody's bringing people that they wanted to introduce and I'm left with no one because everyone I'm close with is already invited.

"...the hell are you so deep in thought about?"

I snapped out of my thoughts and saw Seungmin staring at me. "What?"

"There are still a lot of things to do and you're lost in another planet. Those balloons won't pump themselves."

We're in Huijun's apartment to decorate. We went straight here right after classes ended. Eunchae and Seongjun have practice so they wouldn't be able to come. We don't want Eunchae in here until tomorrow anyway.

It's the first time I've been here and I acted too awkward in contrast to Seungmin who acted like it's his own place.

"Feel at home." Huijun had said when he noticed. "It's just me in here anyway."

Seungmin was the one who toured me around while Huijun took out all the things we needed from his bedroom. The place is really large but it feels empty despite how normal it appears. There's a fancy set of black leather couches in the main room, a fair amount of utensils and furniture in the kitchen, and pretty much everything a typical house should have in every room. But it significantly lacks the touch of character in it as if he just moved in yesterday. There are some things that I'm sure Eunchae insisted on putting, like the couple of plushies in the living room and the bowl of fruits on the dining table. Aside from that, it's as if Huijun haven't touch anything at all for the past months.

Seungmin showed me the door to every bedroom. There are four—Huijun's, his parent's for when they visit, an extra one which Seungmin opens to reveal just a twin bed and a nightstand, and the room which he just called the big room.

"He never showed me what's in that room." He said. "He just told me it's the largest one."

"Then why didn't he choose that to be his bedroom?" I'd asked.