꧂ Chapter 24

Yeona's POV

I spent the next few days finishing my art pieces that will be exhibited on the festival. All students from all departments are required to participate on their respective events since there will be lots of outsiders and aspiring students that will be visiting on that day.

Working on my art had been a great distraction from everything else that is happening in my life. I barely get to see any of my friends since we're all busy. Well, except for Seungmin who constantly goes to my room just to see the things I'm working on. I'm submitting a painting of a hip-hop dancer. I got the inspiration from Seongjun's performance on last year's festival. The picture I took of him that day has beautiful movement angles that I think will be perfect for painting. He had his hoodie on so the picture doesn't show his face and that's great because he wouldn't have to scold me for putting him completely on display. He'd still be happy I painted him, though.

I also had to submit one digital art because we are required to exhibit two of our works. I decided to do a dynamic painting of a dystopian city which I already finished a couple of weeks ago. I wasn't as satisfied with that as with my acrylic painting but it already got approved and I hope I will get a decent grade for both of them.

Classes for academic subjects were all canceled on the last week before the festival so we could all properly prepare. I wasn't able to check and see if there's a note under my math desk. But there probably isn't since it has already been weeks that the letters stopped coming.

One afternoon, I got a chance to walk home with Seongjun. He was complaining the entire time that he didn't want to perform a modern dance which he was switched to a couple of weeks before the festival. I haven't told him about my painting of him yet because I plan on surprising him on the day itself.

I haven't heard from Eunchae in a while, but I occasionally see her on the hallways when we only have time to smile and wave at each other. Me having an issue with her boyfriend makes me grateful that this is happening now. I'll worry about things once the festival is over.

"So...I heard you painted a dancer." Minjae walked up to me as I was going out of the school building. I continued walking and tried to ignore him but I already know that will be impossible. Seriously, a few lunches together and he thinks we're already friends. "Let's find out who did better tomorrow." He said.

I gave him a smile. "The exhibit is not a competition, Song Minjae."

"People will think it is if they put your painting beside a similar one."

"There's no way someone could've...Wait. Did you also painted a dancer?" I stopped walking and watched his annoying triumphant smile appear on his face.

"Hip-hop, to be precise."

"What?" He shrugged but I know exactly what's going on inside his head. "Did you painted it just to annoy me? Because that's absurd."

"No, the piece is actually very meaningful to me." He said. "Not everything I do is to annoy you, Bang Yeona. But I'm glad you think that way." He moved closer and whispered to my ear. "Because that means I have an effect in you."

"You wish!" I pushed him away and he laughed loudly as he walked ahead.

He raised one hand as a goodbye. "Be pressured!" He called and I could only stare daggers at him as he goes further away.

*****

I've been feeling pressured since yesterday. The only thing that I could hope for is that whoever arranged the gym as a makeshift gallery didn't put my painting beside Minjae's. I haven't seen any of his works but he is the top painter in our grade and I hate to be compared to him.