꧂ Chapter 11

Yeona's POV

We're waiting for our bus home to arrive at the station near the amusement park. Places like this still sets off something in me and it doesn't help to know that Huijun doesn't feel the same thing. Since the moment Eunchae introduced us, I never saw a hint of recognition in his eyes. It's almost like he's not bus boy at all.

Tonight, Huijun will be coming home with us to Seongjun's apartment for dinner. We do this every time our parents will be out until late. Our parents—Seongjun's, Eunchae's, and Mine—started this monthly tradition of a triple date. Not sure what they all do together but we know they just want to get rid of us once in a while.

During the first few months, they leave us food in the fridge for dinner and we all gather at Seongjun's to eat and play until they get home. At some point, they just started leaving us money so we could order in. We usually get chicken or pizza even though they specifically said to order Chinese food.

Then, just recently, they didn't leave us anything at all. I'm not sure if it's intentional or they just forgot. They probably think we have our own savings, but still. Last month, we tried to cook. Don't ask what. Just think about how we took out everything we wanted from the fridge and it ended as a whole kitchen of mess. But the important thing is we didn't burn anything and we ate something.

"Here's my ride." Seungmin said as a bus approaches.

"Are you sure you don't want to join us for dinner?" Eunchae asked.

"Nah. Unlike you guys, my parents are unfortunately home." He said. "They will kill me if I'm not there for dinner. Maybe next time. I'll get them out on a date too or something."

Huijun snickered. "Like that would happen. They'll immediately think you're up to something."

Seungmin shrugged. "Doesn't hurt to try." The bus stopped in front of us. "Oh wait, I almost forgot." Seungmin stretched out an arm towards Seongjun like he's asking him for something. "More than an hour." He said.

"What's that?" Eunchae asked.

Seongjun just sighed and took out his wallet. He gave him exactly five bucks. "I always lose at these things."

Seungmin grins and bid us goodbye as he went in the bus.

The bus went away.

"What were you guys betting on?" Huijun asked.

"Usually if you don't know, it's about you." Eunchae said.

He raised an eyebrow. "Do you know?"

"No." She said. "So I'm guessing it's about us."

"It was just about whether you guys will wander off alone." I said. "Seongjun started it."

"Yah!" He objects.

Eunchae gave him a look. "That's so lame."

Huijun and I just laughed.

When we reached the apartment, Seongjun ordered pizza. We settled in the living room, arguing whether we should watch a movie or play video games. Eunchae and I want to watch a movie, while the boys obviously want to play.

"We're gonna watch a movie. I'm not backing down." Eunchae's said.

Seongjun reached for his phone. "Then I'm gonna call the tie breaker."

"That's unfair! Of course he's gonna want to play video games." I protest.

He dialed the number.

"Who's the tie breaker?" Huijun asked.

Before any of us could answer him, Seongjun shouted to the phone. "Yah, Bang Junhyuk! Get your butt in here. We're having pizza." He paused to listen. "Yes, pizza again. Don't act like you don't want it. I know you'll end up eating the most...Yeah, get in here. I'll give you ten seconds."