꧂ Chapter 2

Yeona's POV

"I got in." I said in disbelief. "I got in!" I repeated and Eunchae was screaming beside me in front of the computer screen. We are at my room on a late afternoon, checking our high school application results.

"I told you, you'll pass!" She said as she gave me a side hug. "I'm so proud of you!"

"Thanks." I said. "Now, your turn."

She moved the keyboard in front of her and logged in. She searched for the right page and positioned the cursor on one of the buttons.

"Ready?" She asked as if I'm the one who needs readying.

"Go on." I said. For a few seconds of silence I thought I heard both our hearts beating. She clicked and when the window popped out indicating she also passed, we both squealed.

"Congratulations!" I said, standing up and pulling her into a full hug.

"We did it!" She said. "We're officially going to an arts high school."

We were planning this for the entire last year of middle school. We will be majoring completely different things, but at least we'll still be in the same school. Eunchae is going to be in the performing arts department and I will be in the visual arts. I'm more into crafts and painting. It has always been my passion. I've never been anywhere without a sketchpad and pencil, and I draw whenever inspiration strikes.

I sighed eventually after our mini dance celebration. I lie down my bed. "I wonder what Seongjun is doing. I want to tell him the big news!"

Son Seongjun completes our small group. Though he's a year older than us, we never really cared about age hierarchy. It's just weird thinking about calling him "oppa". The three of us have been friends for years now. It was originally just me and Eunchae, but he easily became the glue to our friendship ever since his family moved in next door. He never takes sides whenever we have arguments and he mends things, making our friendship harmonious that I'm sure it'll last forever.

Eunchae joined in beside me. "Do you want to cross over the veranda to his apartment? We can surprise him."

My room's veranda is adjacent to Seongjun's. Eunchae lives across the hall so hers faces the other side of the building. She used to be jealous of us being able to talk face to face even late at night, but that rarely happens. At least for the past two years.

"We were scolded the last time we did that." I said. "It's really dangerous."

"So?" She said. "Nothing stopped us when we were kids. Besides we're only on the second floor. We won't die if we fall."

"That's not really reassuring."

She laughed and stood up. "Come on. Since when did you become a scaredy cat?"

"Are you serious? We can just go out the hall and ring the doorbell."

"What's the fun in that?" She raised an eyebrow at me and I know there's no way I can change her mind.

I sighed and followed her out the glass door to the small balcony. There's nothing much in here except for my bicycle, a potted plant I'm currently taking care of, and a small chalkboard Seongjun and I used to leave messages on. There's a tree growing right upfront. If anyone is brave enough, they can climb on it to enter my room. It scares me sometimes so I always keep the door locked.

Eunchae climbed over the guardrail first. There is at least a couple of feet gap to Seongjun's railings but it should be easy for Eunchae because she has long legs. She's only taller than me by a few centimeters, but she has a figure of an aspiring super model. On the other hand, I like to consider myself as just average. Eunchae doesn't agree though. She said I'm way prettier than what I give myself credit for. Whatever. She's the type that guys like and it doesn't matter what people thinks of me. I just like being her best friend.