꧂ Chapter 3

Yeona's POV

Somehow Eunchae managed to drag me to her 'date' that Saturday.

"I told him to bring one of his friends and I'll bring one of mine." She'd said. "And then he said, 'It's a double date, then!'." She'd squealed. "So it's officially a date. He likes me. I can already tell."

Now, we're on our way to our meeting place with the boys. They will be waiting for us on a bus station. From there, we will be walking around the city streets to the busking areas. At least that's what Eunchae tells me. I have no idea what really goes on dates.

"Just be casual with his friend, okay?" Eunchae says. "Talk to him, try to get to know him. I'm sure he's a lot of fun."

"How do you know?" I retort. "You haven't met the guy either."

"Well, Huijun is a fun guy so I know his friends also are."

Huijun. That's the name of the guy Eunchae is smitten with. She's been talking about him for the past whole week that I'm certain I already know him myself.

Eunchae stops us from walking when we're a few meters away from the stop. I can already see two figures sitting on the bench behind the advertising board. "Do I look okay?"

I sigh . "You look gorgeous. How many times do you need to ask?"

"I'm nervous. I really want him to like me too."

"Do you think he'll agree to have a double date with you if he doesn't already? He likes you. I'm most definitely sure of it."

She lets out a deep breath then smiles. Then, she checks me out. "Okay. You look pretty too. Let's go."

I can't deny myself from being intrigued about Huijun. What does he have that makes my best friend be anxious like this? She usually doesn't have to try hard, especially with boys. They just like her even if she just pass by them in the hallways at school.

Eunchae tugs me through the rest of the way to the bus stop until we finally reach the other side of the advert board. "Hi." She says and the two boys stop their conversation to look behind their shoulders at us. Both of them stand up. "Yeona," Eunchae starts. She suddenly became jittery and bright-eyed. "Meet Huijun and his friend..."

"Seungmin." The other guy says. "Hi."

"Seungmin." Eunchae repeats with a smile. "Hi. Nice to meet you."

"Hello," Huijun says.

I open my mouth to answer and then I get to look at his face closely. My heart jumps into my throat and I feel as if I've been stunned using a magic spell. I can't get myself to talk.

I know him.

It feels like just yesterday that I saw him last. That two heart-stopping encounters on a bus station, just like where we are now, ten months ago.

"Yeona." Huijun says my name, and I swear I could cry at this moment. It's going to sound crazy but I've spend almost a year wishing and hoping I'd run into him again. And now here he is. "Eunchae told me lots of things about you."

"Really?" It came out as a croak and I quickly cleared my throat.

He laughs. He has a cute laugh. But it's not just his laugh that strikes me. Also, the way he looks at me. A surprised flash of recognition. I'm sure of it, but it was gone in an instant as if I've only imagined it. Did I?

"So Huijun and Seungmin." I managed. "Nice to meet you two."

I glance at Eunchae, feeling guilty. She must've noticed something weird between me and her date, but she's just grinning at all of us.

I don't know what to do with myself. All the things that I wanted to do would be so wrong. This feels wrong. He can't be the person Eunchae likes. He's the one I like. He's my bus boy. How on earth did this happen?

We start to walk towards somewhere and I just follow. Eunchae and Huijun are now side by side in front of me. I almost didn't notice Seungmin beside me.

I feel kinda dizzy with all these thoughts swarming in my brain. I hate myself for it. I walk slowly to create some gap from them for my own sanity and to will my own heart to stop throbbing with nervousness and excitement.

"Are you okay?" Seungmin asks me.

I look at him and gave him a little smile. "I'm fine. I'm just suddenly hungry, I guess." I lie.

They say when you lie once, you wouldn't stop. It will be like a chain reaction. Once you decided to hide something and lie about it, you're bound to say another lie. Then another one. Just to make sure it won't get out. It's a horrible thing. But how can I tell Eunchae, my best friend in the whole wide world, that the guy she's been crushing hard on is my bus boy? I can just blurt out the truth. But then what? It's not like she'll just give up and give him to me. I don't think Huijun even recognizes me. And she looks so happy, for goodness sake!

I can't do it. I can't tell her. I know I've been waiting for this encounter to happen for the last ten months. Ten months! But not like this, not at an expense. This secret will go down with me to my grave no matter how hard it is. I just have to let go of my feelings for Huijun, whatever it is. And be happy for Eunchae.

~•~•~•~•~•~
Sooo..I hope you all are fine with who bus boy is (。'▽'。)♡

One Day || MCNDजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें