꧂ Chapter 8

Yeona's POV

The thing about arts highschool is you have a choice of either following a curriculum similar to regular highschools in addition to the normal arts courses in case you want to go to college, or take the normal curriculum with additional arts classes. I and all of my friends, Seungmin and Huijun included, chose the former. We still want to have that option of taking college entrance tests when we reach our third year. So this means, we have to take foundational subjects such as maths and science.

I am now in one of the regular classrooms where they teach these basic subjects. This room is for maths. It doesn't have any musical instruments or art materials lying around. They said it's necessary to help us focus on the subject at hand so we have to go to these classrooms for our regular subject schedules.

I have math everyday before lunch period. It's the first time we're using this room and without the decorations of our usual classroom, it's boring as hell. At some point, I start to doze off so I distracted myself by drawing.

I draw everything I could think of on my notebook-small flowers, leaves, a dog, a cat, a mouse, some characters, a bus station...I was gonna draw a bus to accompany it when the bell rang and I feel like I just jolted awake. I look upfront and the teacher is wrapping up his introductions. Today is just the subject overview so I think I didn't miss anything.

When he left the room, I close my notebook shut. That's when I see it.

I have drawn the tiny bus station, just about an inch big, on the desk with a ballpoint pen. I try to rub my thumb against the surface but the drawing stays intact. I start to panic. It could've been okay if this was our room and my desk, but different people will be using this room every period.

I give up after the attempt of removing it with hand sanitizer. Will I get into trouble because of this? I just hope nobody will report about it. Well, I hope they wouldn't give the drawing any attention at all. But that could be impossible.

Deciding I cannot do anything more, I take a deep breath and go out the room for lunch.

I've been having lunch with Seungmin for the past few days. No one was asking about where we're eating so we didn't feel the need to tell them anything. Eunchae probably thought I'm with my new friends. She's too busy with her own new friends to ask anyway, not to mention Huijun, and we're together every start and end of school so it wasn't really a big deal.

There are already a few people in class that I'm comfortable talking with, but it doesn't go beyond that.

As I walk the hall to the staircase, my phone buzzes in my pocket.

Seongjun
Where are you? It's already Friday and I still haven't eaten lunch with you.

Before I could reply, Seongjun's name appears on my screen. I turn to a corner and answer it.

"Hello?"

"Yah! Where are you? I'm in the Math classroom. You said you have math this period, right?" He sounded like he's in a hurry.

"What are you, my stalker?"

"You can call me whatever you want. I'm still eating lunch with you. I know you've been with Huijun's friend. I saw you guys yesterday."

I gulp. "You did? Does Eunchae know?"

"No, why?"

"Nothing."

"I'm starting to think there's something weird. Now, where the hell are you?"

I hear his voice from the hall and, just then, he pass by the corner where I'm in. He pause and did a double take at me.