21.

Orion
_____________

The week that followed leading up to the Christmas holidays, Draco often sought me out in the library or next to the black lake to talk with the odd kiss but nothing more. We decided not to tell Theo about what happened that night in the rain, but I've been slowly including myself back into the group. Sitting with them at meals and in the common room, this seems to satisfy Theo he's been more talkative and making jokes with me. I find the guilt overwhelms me and I have to stop myself from distancing from him.

I couldn't go back on my word and leave Draco, I couldn't see him break like that again knowing it was my doing.

I kept my head down as I read a book on the sofa next to Pansy with the others conversing around me, "Everyone is coming to my New Year's Eve party right?" Blaise asked looking to each of us.

I waited for everyone to reply that they were before I reluctantly nodded my head glancing awkwardly at Draco and Theo. Adrian interrupted by announcing it was time to head to the train, I was quite looking forward to being away from Hogwarts for a while. Away from the temptations of Draco and Theo.

I gladly embraced my auntie and uncle when we arrived at Platform 93/4, my auntie holding a little longer and asking how I was obviously having spoke to my mother. When we arrived home my auntie followed me to my bedroom, I smirked over my shoulder "I'm okay Cheryl I promise you don't need to escort me around the house".

"Don't be silly I wanted to talk, we have a ball to attend tomorrow evening, I picked you out the most beautiful dress I hope you like it" she smiled sweetly.

"A ball?" I groaned pushing my bedroom door open and balking on the threshold when I saw a grande red dress bandeau neckline with a bow, "Wow it's gorgeous" I whispered stroking the fabric of the dress.

She cleared her throat "It's a ball at Malfoy Manor". My hand froze mid air and I sighed heavily, so much for a break. "Okay I take it you've spoke with my mother?" I replied quietly.

She guided me to sit down on the bed with her taking my hands in hers, great here come the tears. She held my chin between her thumb and forefinger "You broke it off?" she asked.

I nodded my head looking down at our entwined hands "I've been speaking to Draco, we had a moment a couple of weeks ago he broke down it was awful. But I haven't sorted anything with Theo and the guilt eats me from the inside out".

"Do you think you unknowingly already chose Draco?" she said with a sympathetic smile.

"No, oh god no Theo, no I couldn't" I shook my head looking up at her as she smiled and nodded her head.

_____________

I kept my hair simple twisted and pinned at the back a few strands framing my face, I applied a bold lip to match my dress. I span in the mirror smiling to myself as it fanned dramatically around me.

Adrian held his arm out to me as we set to apparate to Malfoy Manor "You going to be alright?" he furrowed his brows still not agreeing that we should be going. "I'll be fine Ade".

We walked up the steps to the Manor greeted by a beautiful lady with half black half blonde hair twisted on top of her head and wearing a dazzling black gown. Her husband besides her had me faltering his long blonde hair and piercing grey eyes a replica of Draco's. I smiled politely as my auntie introduced me, Draco's mother glanced curiously at his father sharing a small smile.