29.

Orion
_______________

I pursed my lips extremely unimpressed with the conversation the man in front of me was insistent on boring me to tears with, something about sticks or stocks in his market. No fucking idea what he was blithering on about but I was at the end of my tether "Sorry how old are you?" I rudely interrupted him catching the tops of his cheeks stained pink. He cleared his throat "33 and yourself?" He now had a face of worry.

"I'm 18 today actually yes definitely way too young for you so if you'll excuse yourself and pop back over there from where you came from so I can have some peace and quiet that would be magnificent" I smiled politely leaning my chin on the palm of my hand. He opened his mouth to speak but thought better of it before buggering off back to the bar.

"You're hilarious" Pansy cackled knocking back the drink in front of her. I rubbed at the side of my temples "Honestly I can only deal with so much stupid in one day and the muggle world is apparently excessing in it today of all days".

"Let's go to Diagon Alley shall we?" Daphne asked finishing off her drink, I nodded enthusiastically copying her and standing from the table. We apparated from a side alley landing in Diagon Alley walking up the cobblestones towards a bar that was familiar to Daphne and Pansy.

"Oh fuck fuck fuck" Pansy muttered under her breath and I followed her line of sight to a table of women, including her mother, Daphne's mother and Narcissa Malfoy. They beckoned us over conjuring us chairs to join them I took the seat next to Narcissa and she placed her hand over mine "Aren't you meant to be at school darling?" She said eyeing each of us curiously.

I sipped from the wine I was handed by the server and cleared my throat "It's my birthday and a Sunday we may have snuck out to celebrate". She smiled at me and raised her eyebrows to the other ladies around the table "Well in that case we had better get more wine, ladies this is Draco's girlfriend Orion of course you already know Miss Greengrass' and Miss Parkinsons mothers" she said proudly and my smile faltered slightly, she noticed immediately and leaned closer "Would you like to speak in private for a moment?" She asked and I swallowed thickly nodding my head, knowing full well I couldn't slate the absolute shit out of Astoria in front of Daphne's mother and ruin the day potentially embarrassing myself as much as I wanted to.

She had us moved to a small table in the corner with a bottle of wine between us "I apologise I wasn't aware it was your birthday today, you aren't with Draco today?" She placed her hand on mine.

"We had an argument last night, Astoria Greengrass has been showing an interest in him and I felt offended that he wasn't telling her that he wasn't interested. He said I am overreacting but I can't help but feel he may be interested if he can't tell her so" I bowed my head awkwardly sighing heavily.

She tsked shaking her head "I obviously cannot speak on behalf of my son but I know very well he has no interest in Miss Greengrass for when a potential marital agreement was in talks with her parents at the end of last year he kicked up quite a fuss" she patted my hand gently "And I have never seen my son quite as in love with anyone as he is you, not since myself and his father fell in love" she smiled reassuringly. I looked into her eyes and nodded "I love him so much, I'm not sure why he's doing this and I'm so scared to lose him but.. it doesn't feel nice not to be reassured" I whispered draining the wine from my glass.

"Never mind that you don't need to worry about losing him darling I have every confidence you will both be just fine, lets join the ladies shall we? Celebrate your birthday properly" she smiled and I laughed with a nod of my head.

"Orion dear have you been with Draco for long? Only I received a letter from my Stori just recently saying her and Draco were speaking and that she very much liked him. Even that the possibly of their contract could be brought back to light" Daphne's mother asked no hint of malicious intent but the words cut deep. "Mother Astoria knows Ori and Draco are together and she's still trying to pursue him maybe you could inform her she wasn't raised to be a home wrecker" Daphne interjected and I thanked Salazar for my best friend as I pursed my lips and glanced at Narcissa smirking.